205 replies to this topic

#201 DW

DW

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 02:38 PM

He has shown some comedic ability. I think he'd be excellent.

Don't get me wrong, I think he would be brilliant. Completely different than Steve, but his humor was one of the most underappreciated aspects of Lost. The producers of The Office making a decision that isn't an NBC-induced whore-out is what confuses me.
#1 All-Time Profile Viewed Member.

#202 tabes

tabes

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts
  • Interests:Mets (of course), all types of music, Giants, Sabres

Posted 01 September 2010 - 04:08 PM

Michael Emerson's apparently been approached to replace Steve Carell on The Office... :unsure:

Don't get me wrong, I think he would be brilliant. Completely different than Steve, but his humor was one of the most underappreciated aspects of Lost. The producers of The Office making a decision that isn't an NBC-induced whore-out is what confuses me.

Denied.

Michael Emerson has dismissed suggestions that he is being lined up as a replacement for Steve Carell on The Office.

The former Lost star told Entertainment Weekly that he is not under consideration for the role.

"I've heard that from people, but that's not going to happen," he claimed. "The people that make decisions of that sort, they have a list of people that they've been interested in for years. It's a long list and it probably doesn't include me."

He suggested that any actor who takes over from Carell will risk "humiliation and failure".

"It's... daunting," he said. "Think about whoever has to come in and replace Steve Carell. Does anyone really want that gig?"
When the change was made uptown
And the Big Man joined the band....

-Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band

#203 DW

DW

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 05:32 PM

Denied.

Michael Emerson has dismissed suggestions that he is being lined up as a replacement for Steve Carell on The Office.

The former Lost star told Entertainment Weekly that he is not under consideration for the role.

"I've heard that from people, but that's not going to happen," he claimed. "The people that make decisions of that sort, they have a list of people that they've been interested in for years. It's a long list and it probably doesn't include me."

He suggested that any actor who takes over from Carell will risk "humiliation and failure".

"It's... daunting," he said. "Think about whoever has to come in and replace Steve Carell. Does anyone really want that gig?"

Conflicting reports? This is from August 28....

http://amazon.imdb.com/news/ni4035035/

The short list of possible successors to Steve Carell’s Office throne seems to get longer with each passing day, but one name has emerged as the clear choice among fans and professional TV watchers alike: Michael Emerson. And yes, the Lost Emmy nominee has heard the talk. Even better, he’s interested in the job—and he told me so at Entertainment Weekly’s pre-Emmy bash last night.

#1 All-Time Profile Viewed Member.

#204 birtelcom

birtelcom

Made "The Show"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,837 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 10:58 PM

And yeah, I liked the show, shmaltz and all. I wasn't trying to find the meaning of life. I just like to be entertained when watching network television and they did a good job.

I'm reluctant to comment at length on the conclusion of "Lost" because much of my reaction to it is bound up with my highly skeptical take on matters of religion, which the show seemed to fall back on, for better or for worse, in its final arc, and if I start to get into that I'm bound to offend some people. Suffice to say my favorite moments in the finale were (1) when Kate, on being told by Desmond that a man named Christian Shephard had died, puts on her best Kate-the-shrew face and voice and says "Christian Shepard ?! Seriously?!" and (2) when Jack is describing some aspect of his plan to save the island, their lives, the universe, whatever, Sawyer responds somewhat off-handedly "that's a hell of a long con, Doc". I took both those lines as winks to viewers like me that the mystical-afterlife stuff at the end was a bit of a con in itself in a series that on one level was a long run of nested con games.

#205 goldglv17

goldglv17

Admin Team

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,296 posts
  • Interests:For legal reasons I can not answer this on a public forum.

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:46 AM

Sometimes I feel invisible.

The "Lost" footage hit the internet today! 12 glorious minutes, enjoy!

Here

There was also a mini-episode in which Ben answers a couple of questions for two Darma warehouse workers who have been labeling boxes for the island for twenty years despite the fact that Darma was defunct. Anyway, Ben explains that the polar bears are simply Darma experiments to see how they live in a place with all that electrmagnetism.

Then Ben picks up Walter (or is it Michael? Whoever the black kid is who owned Vincent the dog.) at the same mental hospital that Hugo was in. He recruits him to work at the island for him and his boss, Hugo, who's is waiting in the back seat of the green hippie van.

The end.

:(

I still have no idea what's going on....

#206 tabes

tabes

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts
  • Interests:Mets (of course), all types of music, Giants, Sabres

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:52 AM

At last.....Barry! hahaha...

When the change was made uptown
And the Big Man joined the band....

-Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band