7 replies to this topic

#1 Big Country Griff

Big Country Griff

Triple A

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,666 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 12:00 AM

For anyone who has reached the site for the first time since the upgrade and is having any sort of trouble with logging on to the site, we seem to be having some problems with Internet Explorer. For now, it is recommended that you use either FireFox or Opera.

As always, if you have any problems, feel free to contact the Mod/Admin team at thehappyrecap@gmail.com
Posted Image

#2 B P

B P

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 01:12 AM

Is it all versions of IE or just IE8 as mentioned by Hoov in another thread?

EDIT: If those folks using IE can't view the website properly, how would they be able to even read this message? Or is it still somewhat usable?
Posted Image
"I just had an argument with a girl I know. She was saying how it's unfair that if a guy bangs a different girl every week, he's a legend, but if a girl bangs just two guys in a year, she's a slut. So in response I told her that if a key opens lots of locks, then it's a master key. But if a lock is opened by lots of keys, then it's a crappy lock. That shut her up."

Check out my Amazon store for books and video and other items: www.amazon.com/shops/mr_pavlov
Check out my blog: http://metstats.wordpress.com

#3 Hoovbacca

Hoovbacca

Admin Team

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,217 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:07 AM

Is it all versions of IE or just IE8 as mentioned by Hoov in another thread?

EDIT: If those folks using IE can't view the website properly, how would they be able to even read this message? Or is it still somewhat usable?

the problem with IE seems to be clicking submit buttons...so logging in and posting are issues...but reading the forums arent...

jb
Posted Image

#4 Nigel'sStillConfused

Nigel'sStillConfused

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 03:10 PM

I am unfortunately having a lot of problems posting and replying on the upgrade. The text is very hard to read on the boards as well. I use IE7 at the office - don't know if that is accounting for it.
Posted Image

#5 Hoovbacca

Hoovbacca

Admin Team

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,217 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 03:28 PM

I am unfortunately having a lot of problems posting and replying on the upgrade. The text is very hard to read on the boards as well. I use IE7 at the office - don't know if that is accounting for it.

yes it is. This is a significant problem, currently we are at "Tier III" in the tech support chain at Invision, which are the developers. They WILL fix this problem, and hopefully soon...so please hang on, we should be fully up and running shortly

jb
Posted Image

#6 Nigel'sStillConfused

Nigel'sStillConfused

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 03:31 PM

Thanks. (I was paranoid that you changed its functionality purely to end my ridiculously long, and usually pointless and badly reasoned "writing.")
Posted Image

#7 tabes

tabes

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts
  • Interests:Mets (of course), all types of music, Giants, Sabres

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:26 PM

Hoping this is fixed soon...I never saw the Board Update post (my fault), so came in today extremely confused on what was happening.

Am finally able to "fast reply", but can't figure out how to edit, there's a bunch of code here there and everywhere, and generally don't know what's happening, lol....
When the change was made uptown
And the Big Man joined the band....

-Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band

#8 Hoovbacca

Hoovbacca

Admin Team

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,217 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:51 PM

the issue should be fixed now....and as much as i would like to blame Adam Rubin for the issue....it wasnt his fault at all :)

any other issues we can tackle in the Feedback forum. so i am gonna close this one...if i can figure out how ;)

jb
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users