• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 gak29

gak29

Made "The Show"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,335 posts
  • Interests:Mets, Knicks, Jets, Rangers, Marist College, George Lucas's creative expenditures, analytic philosophy, and all facets of music

Posted 14 July 2009 - 02:53 PM

I know May 2011 is a long ass time away for me to start a thread about it. But we know there will be the Iron Man and Hulk we've seen, as well as excitement over Capitain America. But there's a four cog in the wheel. Thor. I was excited for it for Kenneth Branagh directing it (liked what he did with Shakespeare stuff, LOVING his Hamlet). But now I'm REALLY excited about Thor....

Reuters article....
Posted Image

#2 Doc

Doc

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,294 posts
  • Interests:Family, movies, graphic novels, music, Mets, Knicks, cycling, and shoveling snow.

Posted 14 July 2009 - 04:35 PM

Were you gulping cough syrup before you wrote that?
We Live. We Learn. We Teach. Posted Image
"Living the dream, Baby."--Mr Met.

#3 gak29

gak29

Made "The Show"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,335 posts
  • Interests:Mets, Knicks, Jets, Rangers, Marist College, George Lucas's creative expenditures, analytic philosophy, and all facets of music

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:52 PM

Oh, Natalie. Natalie, Natalie, Natalie....
Posted Image

#4 gak29

gak29

Made "The Show"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,335 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:54 PM

Double post....sorta...
Posted Image

#5 goldglv17

goldglv17

Admin Team

• Root Admin
  • 15,296 posts
  • Interests:For legal reasons I can not answer this on a public forum.

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:59 PM

Ummm so a review????

I had a feeling with the way they were gonna flood the market with Superhero movies in the next 24 months a few were going to fall stale (Like when this happened a few years ago with Spidey and Batman being huge but F4 and Supe falling short). When I looked at the upcomings I felt Thor and Captain would be weak, with Green Lantern being solid.
:(

I still have no idea what's going on....

#6 gak29

gak29

Made "The Show"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,335 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 12:04 AM

Ummm so a review????

I had a feeling with the way they were gonna flood the market with Superhero movies in the next 24 months a few were going to fall stale (Like when this happened a few years ago with Spidey and Batman being huge but F4 and Supe falling short). When I looked at the upcomings I felt Thor and Captain would be weak, with Green Lantern being solid.

What part of "Oh, Natalie. Natalie, Natalie, Natalie...." do you not get? I loved it. Honestly, it was all because of my crush for her.

Green Lantern looks terrible. I will never watch anything with Ryan Reynolds ever again (see: "starving children in Africa" argument).
Posted Image

#7 Doc

Doc

• Moderators
  • 11,294 posts
  • Interests:Family, movies, graphic novels, music, Mets, Knicks, cycling, and shoveling snow.

Posted 15 May 2011 - 01:47 PM

Just came back. As with most Marvel Studio films stay until the credits are over, but this time you don't need to cry if you don't.

Spoiler

Oh and Captain America looks cool from a comic book fan standpoint, but I fear the masses will not like his original costume.

Gak, Green Lantern looks like they actually followed his origin story, using many less famous, but more important characters. Hopefully that comes through.

Lastly for the love of all that is holy, can we stop the 3D?

#8 Doc

Doc

• Moderators
  • 11,294 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 07:17 PM

I also need to give props to the casting of Clark Gregg as Agent Coulson. I was a fan of his for his role in 'West Wing' and 'New Adventures of Old Christine' and the dichotomy of those two characters really makes him the ideal handler of the Avengers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users