• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#81 gak29

gak29

Made "The Show"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,335 posts
  • Interests:Mets, Knicks, Jets, Rangers, Marist College, George Lucas's creative expenditures, analytic philosophy, and all facets of music

Posted 30 November 2008 - 07:40 PM

Hmmm, maybe all of that Super Bowl talk was slightly premature. Watch out for them Dolphins.

Yes, and I knew it, too. People need to shut up. Karma doesn't premature elation.
Posted Image

#82 DW

DW

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 09:26 PM

What a miserable, terrible game to be at.
#1 All-Time Profile Viewed Member.

#83 gak29

gak29

Made "The Show"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,335 posts
  • Interests:Mets, Knicks, Jets, Rangers, Marist College, George Lucas's creative expenditures, analytic philosophy, and all facets of music

Posted 30 November 2008 - 09:34 PM

What a miserable, terrible game to be at.

I would have still gone....
Posted Image

#84 goldglv17

goldglv17

Admin Team

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,296 posts
  • Interests:For legal reasons I can not answer this on a public forum.

Posted 30 November 2008 - 11:08 PM

Once again TJ has 100+ in the first half, and the Jets decide to put the whole game in Brett's hands.
:(

I still have no idea what's going on....

#85 mrmook

mrmook

Single A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 11:15 PM

Once again TJ has 100+ in the first half, and the Jets decide to put the whole game in Brett's hands.

What the hell were Mangini and Schottenheimer thinking with the two pass plays on 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 in th third quarter?

In fairness most of TJ's yards came on 2 runs. On one of them the defense stopped playing as they thought the play was dead.

Posted Image

#86 mrmook

mrmook

Single A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 11:18 PM

Also, they really need to do something about the secondary. Revis and Rhodes are very good. Lowery/Law/Elam/Barrett are all useless. This team can not make a long playoff run with a pass defense that is that poor. Look at the numbers some of these QBs have put up against them. Over 750 yards passing in the last two games is absurd.

Posted Image

#87 betterNYgm

betterNYgm

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,319 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 11:33 PM

Also, they really need to do something about the secondary. Revis and Rhodes are very good. Lowery/Law/Elam/Barrett are all useless. This team can not make a long playoff run with a pass defense that is that poor. Look at the numbers some of these QBs have put up against them. Over 750 yards passing in the last two games is absurd.

This is why I was screaming for them to go after De'angelo Hall when he got released, but instead we got Ty Law and released Justin Miller. I'm convinced that David Barrett must have compromising photos of Woody Johnson because he has sucked for his entire Jets tenure, but still has a contract and still gets playing time.
!EVEILEB ATTOG AY
Posted Image

#88 goldglv17

goldglv17

Admin Team

• Root Admin
  • 15,296 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 12:03 AM

Cricket, cricket

#89 gak29

gak29

Made "The Show"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,335 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 12:20 AM

Cricket, cricket

F*** the SF Bay area....

j/k San Francisco is a beautiful city....
Posted Image

#90 gak29

gak29

Made "The Show"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,335 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 11:47 PM

Ummmm.....

Cricket, cricket

Really, folks? An exciting win and this is dead? Anyhoo, I actually didn't see the ending. I turned it off at 2:00 left b/c I had no faith this team would comeback with the Bills with the ball. But, hey, glad I wuz wrong.
Posted Image

#91 betterNYgm

betterNYgm

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,319 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 11:52 PM

Sorry, had a heart attack during the 4th quarter and just got outta the hospital... :burgerking:
!EVEILEB ATTOG AY
Posted Image

#92 goldglv17

goldglv17

Admin Team

• Root Admin
  • 15,296 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:05 AM

Can't believe the Bills gift wrapped this one. I loved how all game they kept talking about Losman putting together an audition highlight video for potential employers, then he comes out and looks awful.

Great win for you guys and with NE and Miami winning it was critical you pulled it off. Gotta ask again though, backed up on the 2 yard line, why throw it incomplete 3 straight times and not let Jones or Leon touch the ball once?

#93 DW

DW

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:07 AM

thejetsblog.com is calling the Elam strip and Ellis recovery "Deus ex Machina". I agree. I couldn't believe it. My dad said some are calling it the miracle at the meadowlands II. Either way, awesome. Gotta take care of business on the left coast before coming home and finishing off the Hanging Chads.

#94 betterNYgm

betterNYgm

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,319 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:43 AM

Can't believe the Bills gift wrapped this one. I loved how all game they kept talking about Losman putting together an audition highlight video for potential employers, then he comes out and looks awful.

Great win for you guys and with NE and Miami winning it was critical you pulled it off. Gotta ask again though, backed up on the 2 yard line, why throw it incomplete 3 straight times and not let Jones or Leon touch the ball once?

Honestly, EJ, the Bills got A TON of luck going their way early (that interception that hit off the guy's foot and into the LB's hands, seriously?!). The Jets have seemed to be getting a lot of bad luck on plays where luck was involved recently, and the scale tipped back in their favor with the fumble return. I went nuts when that happened, but honestly this game should have been MUCH easier. I still worry about this secondary's inability to wrap up and bring a guy down.

I hope to God that that play will be the spark that this team needs to go on a run. I will finally be able to get back to a game when the Dolphins come to town (haven't been since the last weekend of October). I'm really excited, but they better not eff this up! I've had enough of the Mets doing it, it's time for both of them to stop!
!EVEILEB ATTOG AY
Posted Image

#95 DW

DW

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 07:28 PM

Just retire Brett. You've looked like Chad these last 4 games, while Chad's in Miami looking like Brett Favre. The defense finally had a good game and we put up 3 freakin points against the 3-11 Seahawks. PATHETIC. Eric, you're done.

#96 metzol

metzol

Mod Team

• Moderators
  • 10,604 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Baseball, Bratwurst

Posted 21 December 2008 - 08:09 PM

Wow, a month ago they were talking about how to get the number one seed. Now they're in third place in a four team division. Yuck.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#97 GMF

GMF

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 01:50 AM

Sadly,

the short Favre era will go down as another "what coul have been year" for the Jets.
The Few, The Proud, The Mets German Fanbase - LET'S GO METS!

Matt Cerrone on 7/22/09:
"October 2006 seems like a lifetime ago, doesn’t it…"

Dana Brand - January 2010
"Try not to despair about the upcoming season. If it made sense to root for the Mets, we would have given it up a long time ago."

Steven Hirsch - May 2010
“To be a Mets fan requires an incredible amount of patience, discipline, and tolerance, among other traits. It’s a non-stop job that will often cause much crying, screaming, cheering, and clapping throughout an average day. But most importantly, being a Mets fan means knowing that there are 162 games in a season. There is always time to make up for your mistakes, and there is always time to catch other teams.”[/size]

Danny Abriano - November 2010(before hiring of new manager)
I will never stop being a Mets fan. I will never stop caring about them. I will never stop hanging on every pitch, waiting for that next incredible moment.

#98 betterNYgm

betterNYgm

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,319 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 02:13 AM

Urge to kill rising...
!EVEILEB ATTOG AY
Posted Image

#99 Lynkx

Lynkx

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:14 PM

Mangini = Mangina.

#100 goldglv17

goldglv17

Admin Team

• Root Admin
  • 15,296 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:14 PM

Mangini = Mangina.

Yup, he got caught in the headlights of a huge game.

BTW - Thomas Jones leads the AFC in rushing, but can't be allowed to get in any type of rhythm by "Throw if too far, Farve" in a snow game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users