And the Big Man joined the band....

-Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band

#2 goldglv17

goldglv17

Admin Team

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,296 posts
  • Interests:For legal reasons I can not answer this on a public forum.

Posted 22 February 2008 - 06:23 PM

Posted Image
:(

I still have no idea what's going on....

#3 metzol

metzol

Mod Team

• Moderators
  • 10,604 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Baseball, Bratwurst

Posted 22 February 2008 - 07:16 PM

This my first official year where I 'm not a Cowboys fan. So I don't hate the Giants so much anymore. Go Jets!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 Miz

Miz

Admin Team

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,268 posts
  • Interests:Mets Baseball. Giants Football. Islander Hockey. Knicks Basketball.<br /><br />Video Gamer, and into fitness. Work out 5 times a week. <br /><br />and zol tastes like Cherry Bubbleliscious

Posted 22 February 2008 - 07:45 PM

This my first official year where I 'm not a Cowboys fan. So I don't hate the Giants so much anymore. Go Jets!

Why the lost love for your boys?
Posted Image

#5 gak29

gak29

Made "The Show"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,335 posts
  • Interests:Mets, Knicks, Jets, Rangers, Marist College, George Lucas's creative expenditures, analytic philosophy, and all facets of music

Posted 22 February 2008 - 08:02 PM

He doesn't like Jessica Simpson.....
Posted Image

#6 metzol

metzol

Mod Team

• Moderators
  • 10,604 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 08:08 PM

My passion for football in general has seriously faded. With it has gone my love for Dallas. Don't get me wrong, I truly loved them growing up. But I just lost interest. It hardly bothered me when the Giants beat them this year and that made it official. I didn't care. I've always rooted for the Jets, though they've been second to Dallas. I was at their last game at Shea in 1983 so I have fan cred with them. I'm just eliminating the Cowboys and will focus only on the Jets, which means years of mizery.

#7 Miz

Miz

Admin Team

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,268 posts
  • Interests:Mets Baseball. Giants Football. Islander Hockey. Knicks Basketball.<br /><br />Video Gamer, and into fitness. Work out 5 times a week. <br /><br />and zol tastes like Cherry Bubbleliscious

Posted 22 February 2008 - 08:42 PM

My passion for football in general has seriously faded. With it has gone my love for Dallas. Don't get me wrong, I truly loved them growing up. But I just lost interest. It hardly bothered me when the Giants beat them this year and that made it official. I didn't care. I've always rooted for the Jets, though they've been second to Dallas. I was at their last game at Shea in 1983 so I have fan cred with them. I'm just eliminating the Cowboys and will focus only on the Jets, which means years of mizery.

There is a seat next to us here in Big Blue land. We wont say anything. We will just go with the story that you only rooted for the Cowboys, cause you secretly wanted them to fail
Posted Image

#8 metzol

metzol

Mod Team

• Moderators
  • 10,604 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 09:04 PM

There is a seat next to us here in Big Blue land. We wont say anything. We will just go with the story that you only rooted for the Cowboys, cause you secretly wanted them to fail

No thanks, Gang Green all the way...to Week 3.

#9 goldglv17

goldglv17

Admin Team

• Root Admin
  • 15,296 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 02:12 AM

Mid-90's: "I LOVE the Cowboys"

Late 2000's: "I need a team to root for"

Yuck.

#10 metzol

metzol

Mod Team

• Moderators
  • 10,604 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 07:00 AM

Mid-90's: "I LOVE the Cowboys"

Late 2000's: "I need a team to root for"

Yuck.

If you are referring to me, I loved the Cowboys from Super Bowl XII on. I remember watching their sole win in 1989 and being ecstatic. I rooted for and loved Danny White and Steve Pelleur, Tony Dorsett and Herschel Walker, Too Tall Jones and Charles Haley, etc.
My disassociation has been abut a decade in the making. If anything, now that they are one of the best teams in the NFC, I should be sticking with them.
Three decades of ups and downs does not make me a bandwagoner ala '96 Yankee fans.

#11 Game Six

Game Six

Mod Team

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 12:10 PM

If you are referring to me, I loved the Cowboys from Super Bowl XII on. I remember watching their sole win in 1989 and being ecstatic. I rooted for and loved Danny White and Steve Pelleur, Tony Dorsett and Herschel Walker, Too Tall Jones and Charles Haley, etc.
My disassociation has been abut a decade in the making. If anything, now that they are one of the best teams in the NFC, I should be sticking with them.
Three decades of ups and downs does not make me a bandwagoner ala '96 Yankee fans.

I can appreciate how your passion for football has waned over time. I loved baseball as a kid but no one in my family was a sports fan. I grew away from the game as a teenager and did not rediscover it until I moved to Boston just after I turned 21. I watched football on and off from the time that the Giants beat the Broncos in the Super Bowl, but over the past 5 years I have cut back on my consumption of televised football games to the point where I may watch a game here or there during the second half of the season but that is it. If there is no NY team in the playoffs then I root for the Colts because I like Peyton and root for whatever team I have a passing emotional attachment to go deep into the playoffs.

I prefer the Giants only because I made small connections with them in the 80's and 90's, but I also like to see the Jets win because I vividly remember how much their fans suffered before Parcells became the head coach. His teams reminded me a lot of Bobby Valentine's Mets teams: talented and scrappy but having to rely on a less than Super Star player ( Testaverde or Leiter ) to get them a trophy.

#12 metzol

metzol

Mod Team

• Moderators
  • 10,604 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 12:17 PM

I can appreciate how your passion for football has waned over time. I loved baseball as a kid but no one in my family was a sports fan. I grew away from the game as a teenager and did not rediscover it until I moved to Boston just after I turned 21. I watched football on and off from the time that the Giants beat the Broncos in the Super Bowl, but over the past 5 years I have cut back on my consumption of televised football games to the point where I may watch a game here or there during the second half of the season but that is it. If there is no NY team in the playoffs then I root for the Colts because I like Peyton and root for whatever team I have a passing emotional attachment to go deep into the playoffs.

I prefer the Giants only because I made small connections with them in the 80's and 90's, but I also like to see the Jets win because I vividly remember how much their fans suffered before Parcells became the head coach. His teams reminded me a lot of Bobby Valentine's Mets teams: talented and scrappy but having to rely on a less than Super Star player ( Testaverde or Leiter ) to get them a trophy.

I think Fox and ESPN ruined football for me. It's all about loud effects and obnoxious graphics and over the top analysts. I really felt alienated from the game as they seemed to focus only on the Maxim reader demographic.
For me, nothing beat Madden and Sumerall on CBS when CBS did the NFC.

#13 goldglv17

goldglv17

Admin Team

• Root Admin
  • 15,296 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 12:21 PM

I was just busting chops zol.

I can undrstand your disassociation with the game. It happened to me with hoops. I loved the Knicks and my passion for them rivaled that of my love for the Mets, but I rapidly became disinterested and eventually lost all interest in the NBA. I tried to revitalize my interest with a few season love affair with the Nets, but then they announced they were moving to Crooklyn, and that did it for me.

#14 metzol

metzol

Mod Team

• Moderators
  • 10,604 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 01:46 PM

Ahh, okay, wasn't sure. I hate playing "I'm a real fan" game. You know, when you have to prove that you're a real fan of a team to someone who paints their home the team colors or something.

#15 goldglv17

goldglv17

Admin Team

• Root Admin
  • 15,296 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 02:45 PM

Ahh, okay, wasn't sure. I hate playing "I'm a real fan" game. You know, when you have to prove that you're a real fan of a team to someone who paints their home the team colors or something.

Hahaha. I do find that annoying as well. For me it is Mets fans a decade or more older than I who talk to me in a such a patronizing manner about guys like Seaver, and somehow I am a lesser fan than them. I want to scream at them "I might not have seen them play live, but I get SNY and ESPN Classic" meanwhile they couldn't name you one member of the 2000 NL Champs other than Piazza.

#16 Miz

Miz

Admin Team

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,268 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 07:01 PM

I can undrstand your disassociation with the game. It happened to me with hoops. I loved the Knicks and my passion for them rivaled that of my love for the Mets, but I rapidly became disinterested and eventually lost all interest in the NBA. I tried to revitalize my interest with a few season love affair with the Nets, but then they announced they were moving to Crooklyn, and that did it for me.

Same thing happened with Hockey for me. After the strike. I just lost interest and havent watched a Ranger/Islander game since. or any game for that matter
Posted Image

#17 Game Six

Game Six

Mod Team

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 01:48 PM

I had a brief but intense love affair with the Knicks during the 90's during the days of Ewing, Oakley, L.J. and Houston. Until the performance by the Giants defense in this year's Super Bowl I had not seen such an intense display of defensive prowness since the Knicks - Heat playoff games in the mid to late 90's. The Knicks have been in a freefall ever since Dolan fired Ernie Grunfeld.

#18 Pete Falcone

Pete Falcone

Single A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 05:02 PM

I think Fox and ESPN ruined football for me. It's all about loud effects and obnoxious graphics and over the top analysts. I really felt alienated from the game as they seemed to focus only on the Maxim reader demographic.
For me, nothing beat Madden and Sumerall on CBS when CBS did the NFC.

:( But that's my bread n butta... :(
#1 Cory Booker fan.

#19 goldglv17

goldglv17

Admin Team

• Root Admin
  • 15,296 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 12:10 PM

Kawika Mitchell become the first casualty if the pillaging of a Super Bowl Champion. Went to Buffalo on a very nice $30 Million contract.

He really came on strong at the end of the year, and I am bummed to see him go.

#20 goldglv17

goldglv17

Admin Team

• Root Admin
  • 15,296 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 08:07 PM

And the pillaging continues with Torbor (played well, but replaceable) and Gibril Wilson. Wilson kind of hurts, but he was always a great run stopper and a horrible pass protector. The man could hit though.

FWIW - On NFL Tonight yesterday they were discussing the serious possibility that Shockey could be headed to GB.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users