#301 birtelcom

birtelcom

Made "The Show"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,705 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:44 PM

And Detroit.

Timo played in all of 29 games for the Tigers, less than 100 plate apperances. His hitting numbers (though not his fielding numbers) were very good in this tiny sample, but I'm not sure such a small contribution constitutes "success in Detroit", especially given the Tigers kept him in the minors most of his time with the organization. Was Bruce Bochy "successful in New York"? He had good numbers in a very small number of games late in1982, when he was called up from AAA to briefly serve as the #2 catcher to Ron Hodges after John Stearns' went on the DL with the elbow problems that ended his career. The Mets then released Bochy before the '83 season. Is that "success in New York"?

#302 birtelcom

birtelcom

Made "The Show"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,705 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:49 PM

No..but "Other Baseball Stuff" specifies the Long Island Ducks...

When I was a little kid, my family used to go watch the Long Island Ducks minor league hockey team play in Commack. I remember having a great time, and also being very cold. We subsequently moved to Cherry Hill, New Jersey, which happened to be the home of the old Jersey Devils who played in the same league as the Ducks (the Eastern Hockey League). That arena actually had heat.

#303 IamTheIan

IamTheIan

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:21 PM

Timo played in all of 29 games for the Tigers, less than 100 plate apperances. His hitting numbers (though not his fielding numbers) were very good in this tiny sample, but I'm not sure such a small contribution constitutes "success in Detroit", especially given the Tigers kept him in the minors most of his time with the organization. Was Bruce Bochy "successful in New York"? He had good numbers in a very small number of games late in1982, when he was called up from AAA to briefly serve as the #2 catcher to Ron Hodges after John Stearns' went on the DL with the elbow problems that ended his career. The Mets then released Bochy before the '83 season. Is that "success in New York"?

Absolutely. Why not?

It's not extended success, and it didn't receive much notoriety, but it's definitely success.
YGB09!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users