2 replies to this topic

#1 Train

Train

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:02 PM

I know Kirk is struggling... but does he deserve to be demoted? Let's see if Baxter can push Bay.. he was hitting pretty well before being DL'ed.
Posted Image

“You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present.”
-Jan Glidewell

#2 Pete Falcone

Pete Falcone

Single A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:29 AM

I would've kept him up and make him figure stuff out, but man, that kid has hit the wall (figuratively, not literally, like Baxter has.)
#1 Cory Booker fan.

#3 BelieveinNYM

BelieveinNYM

Triple A

• Blogger
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:12 AM

This was absolutely the right move. I'm sorry, but there's no sense in leaving a player on the bench and giving them less playing time if they need to figure stuff out. They need to figure it out without being a liability to the team, and since Baxter has been tearing it up int he minors and was great here before he got hurt, he should play. So yes, I was all for this move. And while no one here mentioned it, I must say that I do get a little annoyed when people say how a demotion hurts a player's confidence. How is leaving him up here to struggle a confidence booster? I felt the same way when Ike was struggling.
Posted Image
The night all was Wright in my life!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users