• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:40 AM

All I have to say:

Posted Image

Even though I don't believe the NY Post (for many reasons) I'll post the link:

KRod Return?
Posted Image

“You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present.”
-Jan Glidewell

#2 gak29

gak29

Made "The Show"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,335 posts
  • Interests:Mets, Knicks, Jets, Rangers, Marist College, George Lucas's creative expenditures, analytic philosophy, and all facets of music

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:36 PM

K-Rod was very underrated as a Met.

I'm just sayin'.
Posted Image

#3 Train

Train

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:41 PM

I'm not touching that situation. His WHIP is absolutely atrocious, he's a headcase, and we can definitely get a better arm. I'd much rather have Grant Balfour or Huston Street by a 10000000000000000000 miles over K-Rod.
Posted Image

“You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present.”
-Jan Glidewell

#4 BelieveinNYM

BelieveinNYM

Triple A

• Blogger
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:33 PM

I'm not touching that situation. His WHIP is absolutely atrocious, he's a headcase, and we can definitely get a better arm. I'd much rather have Grant Balfour or Huston Street by a 10000000000000000000 miles over K-Rod.

THIS times a million!!!
Posted Image
The night all was Wright in my life!

#5 Metsfan980

Metsfan980

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,644 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:17 PM

K-Rod has been the victim of poor defense behind him (.327 BABIP this season, .279 BABIP for his career), and a higher than normal line drive percentage (26.4% this season, 18.3% for his career)--he has, on the plus side, lowered his fly ball percentage this season (28.3% this season, 38.6% for his career).

I think, even though he is having a poor season by his standards, K-Rod would be an upgrade in the Mets bullpen.

Grant Balfour is a more obvious upgrade.

Huston Street, however, scares me. He is pitching to PetCo this season (he has thrown less fastballs, and more sliders), and his velocity is down. Add that to the demand for his services, which should make him a hefty pickup, and he could be an expensive rental ($9M option for 2013, $500K buyout).

Here are some graphics I made to illustrate my concerns about Street:

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Love baseball? Sign up for the THR OOTP 10 league!

#6 birtelcom

birtelcom

Made "The Show"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,837 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:03 AM

There's a guy who's been pitching nicely in the Mariners bullpen -- six appearances, 8 and two-thirds IP, 1.04 ERA, 9 K and 2 BB, 7 H and 0 HR. 30-year-old named Ollie Perez; Mets could surely get him for just a prospect or two.

#7 Miz

Miz

Admin Team

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,268 posts
  • Interests:Mets Baseball. Giants Football. Islander Hockey. Knicks Basketball.<br /><br />Video Gamer, and into fitness. Work out 5 times a week. <br /><br />and zol tastes like Cherry Bubbleliscious

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:27 AM

last night, K-Rod gave up the tieing run to the Marlins. At this point, I think the Mets need a lights out RP that they can count on.
Posted Image

#8 Luke

Luke

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts
  • Interests:Is not a Clemens

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

Grant Balfour would see an Australian back on the team for the first time since Lloyd (I believe).

There was also the incomparable PJ Bevis who made AAA (I think) in our organization about 10 years ago.
Posted Image

LET'S GO METS!!!!

#9 birtelcom

birtelcom

Made "The Show"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,837 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:49 PM

Grant Balfour would see an Australian back on the team for the first time since Lloyd (I believe).

There was also the incomparable PJ Bevis who made AAA (I think) in our organization about 10 years ago.

Yes, the only players born in Australia to make it the Mets major league club have been Craig Shipley (just four games as a middle infielder for the Mets, in 1989, but played 11 seasons in the majors), and Graeme Lloyd (36 games pitched for the Mets in 2003, 10 seasons total in the majors). P.J. Bevis did make it as far as AAA in the Mets organization, in 2003 and 2004.

#10 Retire#17

Retire#17

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:My intrests include, the Mets, my wife and kids, complaining about work and not getting enough sleep

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:24 PM

I thought Craig Shipley played longer than that for the Mets.

644608_10200938925903242_1507082367_n.jp

#11 Luke

Luke

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts
  • Interests:Is not a Clemens

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:34 AM

Yes, the only players born in Australia to make it the Mets major league club have been Craig Shipley (just four games as a middle infielder for the Mets, in 1989, but played 11 seasons in the majors), and Graeme Lloyd (36 games pitched for the Mets in 2003, 10 seasons total in the majors). P.J. Bevis did make it as far as AAA in the Mets organization, in 2003 and 2004.

Sorry to correct you, Birt - he is/was 'the incomparable' PJ...
Posted Image

LET'S GO METS!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users