Photo

Do You Ever Think You Know What It's Like To Drown?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Luke

Luke

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts
  • Interests:Is not a Clemens

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:55 AM

I love our team.

It sometimes seems to me that winning is so hard.

Our boys bust their little boilers for a win, yet I'm never convinced that the win will happen until the last out in the 9th (or the go-ahead run comes in).

We lose like it should be on the family shield!

And losing is like second nature to our boys.

Bust our arses against for some great series wins against decent teams; and get 'whooped' by the Giants (at home) and the Astros.
Posted Image

LET'S GO METS!!!!

#2 birtelcom

birtelcom

Made "The Show"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,793 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:04 PM

I love our team.

It sometimes seems to me that winning is so hard.

Our boys bust their little boilers for a win, yet I'm never convinced that the win will happen until the last out in the 9th (or the go-ahead run comes in).

We lose like it should be on the family shield!

And losing is like second nature to our boys.

Bust our arses against for some great series wins against decent teams; and get 'whooped' by the Giants (at home) and the Astros.

With some Met teams (mid to late 1980s; 2006), you watch the games and you expect them to win every day; a loss is a shock. It hasn't been that way for a while, but it will return at some point. Until then, enjoying wins as unexpected pleasures is OK too, if emotionally draining. Those who really want to go into every game expecting a win, on a year-in, year-out basis, tend to root for some other New York baseball franchise (although perhaps with a little less confidence with Mariano now out).

One nice thing about baseball: your team loses, the next game is coming up soon. Go Mets vs. D-Backs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users