Luke

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts
  • Interests:Is not a Clemens

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:10 PM

...by the middle of the 8th.

This nutso game has been going so long that my memory undoubtedly fails, but there was at least one call early where Zippidy was lucky not to be credited with an E (or two).

I can't recall as many off the top of my head.

C'mon Birt - swing into action!
Posted Image

LET'S GO METS!!!!

#2 Doc

Doc

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,294 posts
  • Interests:Family, movies, graphic novels, music, Mets, Knicks, cycling, and shoveling snow.

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:23 AM

While the players didn't play, I saw that as one of Terry's worst managed games.
We Live. We Learn. We Teach. Posted Image
"Living the dream, Baby."--Mr Met.

#3 StrawberryFieldsForever

StrawberryFieldsForever

Short Season A Ball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:Reading obsessively, general family stuff/my boys, wife, and my dog, digging things up/archaeology, ornithology, cricket, movies, Mets.

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:56 AM

The highlights must have been fun, better check them out later when I get a few minutes...I'm used to seeing 27 runs in a game (playing cricket!!) though I'm not even going to try and work out how Acosta gave up 7 earned runs on 5 hits and 2 walks in just 0.1 of an inning pitched.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#4 BelieveinNYM

BelieveinNYM

Triple A

• Blogger
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:51 PM

While the players didn't play, I saw that as one of Terry's worst managed games.

+1000000000

I'm usually supportive of him, but why in hell was he not warming anyone up in the pen when Acosta was chucking it up??? Did he get bad advice from Ozzie Guillen or something?
Posted Image
The night all was Wright in my life!

#5 birtelcom

birtelcom

Made "The Show"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,822 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:21 PM

...by the middle of the 8th.

This nutso game has been going so long that my memory undoubtedly fails, but there was at least one call early where Zippidy was lucky not to be credited with an E (or two).

I can't recall as many off the top of my head.

C'mon Birt - swing into action!

I don't know the answer to that question. But I can tell you that in the same game Scott Hairston became the oldest Met to hit for the cycle, being 81 days older than was Keith Hernandez when he hit for the cycle for the Mets in 1985. And I can tell you that Mets starters are now 6-1 in nine total starts on their birthdays, after Dillon Gee got the win on his birthday yesterday. Ron Darling was 2-0 in two birthday starts for the Mets, and seven guys started on their birthdays once for the Mets: Gee, along with Wally Whitehurst, Dave Mlicki and Ray Burris, are 1-0 in birthday starts for the Mets, Mark Clark was 0-1, and Tug McGraw and Pat Zachry got no-decisions in their birthday starts for the Mets.

#6 Doc

Doc

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,294 posts
  • Interests:Family, movies, graphic novels, music, Mets, Knicks, cycling, and shoveling snow.

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:06 PM

Well a nice bounce back the last two games...well...except for the pinch hit grand slam.
We Live. We Learn. We Teach. Posted Image
"Living the dream, Baby."--Mr Met.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users