LET'S GO METS!!!!

#2 birtelcom

birtelcom

Made "The Show"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,832 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:59 AM

David is the grizzled veteran of today's starting lineup. All nine scheduled starters today are under 30, eight of the nine are 27 or younger, and six of the nine are 25 or younger.

#3 StrawberryFieldsForever

StrawberryFieldsForever

Short Season A Ball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:Reading obsessively, general family stuff/my boys, wife, and my dog, digging things up/archaeology, ornithology, cricket, movies, Mets.

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:08 PM

I see DW as one of those once in a generation type guys who just define your whole organisation, and you end up erecting statues to him 50 years from now, apart from Piazza there is literally no Mets player I ever saw who sweats blood for the club like he does. I'd like to think he'll retire as a Met, just an all round impressive human being on every possible level.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#4 metsfanohio

metsfanohio

Hall Of Fame Caliber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:04 PM

I see DW as one of those once in a generation type guys who just define your whole organisation, and you end up erecting statues to him 50 years from now, apart from Piazza there is literally no Mets player I ever saw who sweats blood for the club like he does. I'd like to think he'll retire as a Met, just an all round impressive human being on every possible level.

and to boot, he grew up as a mets fan......the mets aaa farm team was in tidewater/norfolk for many years......wright lived nearby and rooted for the franchise since he was a kid.
Please visit, join and contribute @ http://sports.groups...kMetsClubhouse/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users