#1 metzol

metzol

Mod Team

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,604 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Baseball, Bratwurst

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:37 AM

I'm starting a new thread to garner more attention. I want to buy tickets from stubhub today. So I would like to have a clear head count. SO far it seems ot be just me, Luke, probably Birt. Maybe Rich?
Come on, people!
We will begin our odyssey her... http://www.mcsorleys....com/home.html#
at 3o'clock.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 metzol

metzol

Mod Team

• Moderators
  • 10,604 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:41 AM

Maybe we'll just do the walk up thing. There won't be many people on line and we won't have to pay service fees. We can also go right up until gametime to determine how many we will be.

#3 metzol

metzol

Mod Team

• Moderators
  • 10,604 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

So I'm thinking, 3 o'clock at McSorley's. We make our way to the Grand Central Oyster bar as it is conveniently located by the 7 train. Go to the game. Come back into the city. Either go to chinatown for some greasy food to absorb the alcohol or maybe Katz' Deli. Then karaoke and skanky crack whores.

And of course the evening would not be complete without a live donkey sex show featuring Bandito the Human Tripod and Bob the Burro.

#4 BelieveinNYM

BelieveinNYM

Triple A

• Blogger
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:29 PM

We did the walk up thing yesterday and ran into the most incompetent operator. Missed the first inning and a half, including David Wright's home run.
Posted Image
The night all was Wright in my life!

#5 ils

ils

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,115 posts
  • Interests:METS

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:37 PM

I moved back to NY this weekend! Unfortunately I will not be attending (can't skip my first day of work).

#6 birtelcom

birtelcom

Made "The Show"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,842 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:48 PM

I'm back from Passover travels. I'm definitely in for tomorrow evening, to meet you guys at the ballpark after work. i'm happy to to participate in ticket purchasing however you want to to do it.

#7 Retire#17

Retire#17

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:My intrests include, the Mets, my wife and kids, complaining about work and not getting enough sleep

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:04 AM

Probably will have to skip the game, but I will try to get to McSorleys by 3 to have one(or two with you guys). How long do you plan on staying there?

644608_10200938925903242_1507082367_n.jp

#8 metzol

metzol

Mod Team

• Moderators
  • 10,604 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:42 AM

Probably will have to skip the game, but I will try to get to McSorleys by 3 to have one(or two with you guys). How long do you plan on staying there?

One at McSorley's? That's like having one Lay's potato chip. We plan on meeting at three. It looks like it'll be me, Luke, and Aggs. Then we are meeting Birt at the ballpark. We'll be there at least an hour I imagine.

#9 metzol

metzol

Mod Team

• Moderators
  • 10,604 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:14 AM

Well that was fun. Beers at McSorley's and dba with Luke, Aggs, and Niel. Then to the ballpark to meet up with Birt. Great win. Great company. Best part of all is I don't have to work tomorrow.

#10 5 aggregates

5 aggregates

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:07 AM

Well that was fun. Beers at McSorley's and dba with Luke, Aggs, and Niel. Then to the ballpark to meet up with Birt. Great win. Great company. Best part of all is I don't have to work tomorrow.

All too briefly,

Splendid to see you again, Niel,

Birt, a fixed point in an uncertain universe, so many thanks.

NL, the sight of those deep, sad eyes of our beloved Nick are worth any outcome, the 4 and oh is just gravy.

LKB, just a splendid human being in any hemisphere, any world - what more can I add? I just wish I could hold him hostage here. Luke - anything you need while you're here - just ask.

Cheers,

To the extent that we have learned to grasp and identify with this limited life, we suffer. It's that simple. - Kornfield

#11 birtelcom

birtelcom

Made "The Show"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,842 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:08 AM

14 things I learned from the Luke-inspired Monday night mini-outing:
1. The name is spelled N-i-e-u-w-e-n-h-u-i-s.
2. Evelyn Nesbit's jealous lover who killed the great architect Stanford White (of the famous firm McKim, Mead and & White) was Harry K. Thaw.
3. Australia is not really another name for Staten Island.
4. It is possible to win a game in which your starting pitcher lasts less than six innings and both allows ten (or more) hits and racks up eight (or more) strikeouts. Until last night's game, no team in NL history had ever won after that sort of appearance by its starter, at least going back to 1918 (which is as far as the baseball-reference database goes). And given how baseball was played before 1918, it is extermely unlikely there was such a game before 1918 either.
5. THR participants are amusing enough that a guy in the row in front of us turned around at one point and indicated that our running commentary was "the best". He seemed neither deranged nor dangerously drunk. Although soon after, he and his companion departed the premises.
6. Daniel Murphy may not look as smooth in the infield as Ruben Tejada but he can dive for a ground liner as well as anybody.
7. Ruben Tejada is quickly becoming a fan and THR favorite, not replacing Jose R. in our hearts but with a charisma of his own.
8. The suitcase of an Australian family that is traveling for multiple weeks in the US will not fit between the sides of the turnstiles in New York City subway stations.
9. Neither Pie Face meat pies nor Rupert Murdoch are universally beloved in their native Australia.
10. The crowds at Citi are not going to be patient with Jason Bay this season.
11. You can get to your seats down the right field line faster through the Rotunda entrance than through the right field gate indicated on the tickets.
12. David Wright appears, says Aggs, to have a revised batting stance that is proving effective so far (though a look at his first four games in earlier seasons suggests he is hot in the first few games every year, though not quite this hot).
13. The Mets will be in first place in the NL East for at least a couple of more days.
14. THR outings, or mini-outings, continue to be highly entertaining and companionable. Thanks guys, and especially Luke for visiting!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users