Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:46 PM

I like this team's bullpen

We will hit enough

If Santana is healthy I like the rotation and he looks healthy

Great to see so many home grown guys ready to contribute.

This is a team to root for.
QUOTE (ils @ Sep 1 2008, 03:21 PM) *
MVR is 100% correct.

ils, on 23 August 2009 - 03:47 PM, said:
I don't get it

#2 Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne

Triple A

• Blogger
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,345 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:54 PM

LGM!!!!!!!!!

I want to say that I agree with MVR.

I do!

For the first time in years, we have absolutely no expectations. This might actually help us in the long run.
Ya Gotta Believe!

#3 Luke

Luke

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Interests:Is not a Clemens

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:59 PM

Ike and Zippidy - combined 60HR...

(can dream if I want)...
Posted Image

LET'S GO METS!!!!

#4 birtelcom

birtelcom

Made "The Show"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,701 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:11 PM

(can dream if I want)...

In the second half last season, Lucas hit homers at a pace that would produce, over a full season of 600 PAs, about 25 homers. Ike last season hit homers at a pace that would produce homers, over a full season of 600 PAs, 28 homers. That would add up to 53. With both of them younger than the usual peak age, they would each normally be expected to improve a bit. So if you believe that Ike's start, and Luke's finish, were for real, and that they will both play full time, 60 is not an unreasonable goal. Especially with the new fences at Citi.

#5 mikevailrules

mikevailrules

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:57 AM

mostly, we will live and die offensively by what Wright and Bay can do. If Bay still sucks and wright keeps declining. we will struggle one of the young guys will surprise, one will flop.

What matters most though, is starting pitching. a lot of ifs there

If Johan is still an ace
if Pelfrey can have his good even year
if Dickey can be Wakefield good
If Niese continues to blossom
If Gee can match last year

Let's go Mets- I say we make the playoffs, this is our year!!!!!
MVR is 100% correct.

I don't get it

#6 Doc

Doc

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,294 posts
  • Interests:Family, movies, graphic novels, music, Mets, Knicks, cycling, and shoveling snow.

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:10 AM

(can dream if I want)...

So which one won't hit any?

(I can dream too)
We Live. We Learn. We Teach. Posted Image
"Living the dream, Baby."--Mr Met.

#7 mikevailrules

mikevailrules

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:40 PM

great start. Torres looks like he'll be out, maybe we see Kirk right away?
MVR is 100% correct.

I don't get it

#8 StrawberryFieldsForever

StrawberryFieldsForever

Short Season A Ball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:Reading obsessively, general family stuff/my boys, wife, and my dog, digging things up/archaeology, ornithology, cricket, movies, Mets.

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:05 AM

It beggars belief frankly that just a few innings into Opening Day Game 1, that already somebody from our line up is on the DL. I think Torres has had trouble with that calf muscle before, but is it really "here we go again" as far as injuries to players are concerned? You think of all the games missed last year by key players, now already Collins has to rethink before we're 2 hours into the season. I like Torres, he has plenty of hustle, and got on base and scored our only run yesterday, I'm reading he could be out for couple of weeks at least. Oh well.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#9 mikevailrules

mikevailrules

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:13 AM

It beggars belief frankly that just a few innings into Opening Day Game 1, that already somebody from our line up is on the DL. I think Torres has had trouble with that calf muscle before, but is it really "here we go again" as far as injuries to players are concerned? You think of all the games missed last year by key players, now already Collins has to rethink before we're 2 hours into the season. I like Torres, he has plenty of hustle, and got on base and scored our only run yesterday, I'm reading he could be out for couple of weeks at least. Oh well.

I'm thinking blessing in disguise. i'd rather see what we have with Kirk or dandekker than go the MLB retread route with torress
MVR is 100% correct.

I don't get it

#10 StrawberryFieldsForever

StrawberryFieldsForever

Short Season A Ball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:Reading obsessively, general family stuff/my boys, wife, and my dog, digging things up/archaeology, ornithology, cricket, movies, Mets.

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:27 AM

For me it has to be Hairston, who I assume is the primary backup center fielder? Den Dekker hit only .143 this spring, and Niewenhaus barely hit .200, and that was probably mostly against mediocre pitching as happens a lot in spring games. I love Torres's energy, hope he's back asap.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#11 mikevailrules

mikevailrules

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:58 AM

For me it has to be Hairston, who I assume is the primary backup center fielder? Den Dekker hit only .143 this spring, and Niewenhaus barely hit .200, and that was probably mostly against mediocre pitching as happens a lot in spring games. I love Torres's energy, hope he's back asap.

Hairston is a backup I think....I'd like to see them bring up one of the kids and play them everyday
MVR is 100% correct.

I don't get it

#12 Metsfan980

Metsfan980

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,644 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:46 AM

A "team source" told Adam Rubin to expect Captain Kirk:

http://espn.go.com/b...pected-Saturday

Despite the rumors about Den Dekker making the team this spring, I don't think the organization is going to promote him to the Majors while he still needs to figure out how to hit Eastern League pitching.
Posted Image
Love baseball? Sign up for the THR OOTP 10 league!

#13 mikevailrules

mikevailrules

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:10 AM

i hope it's Kirk....
MVR is 100% correct.

I don't get it

#14 StrawberryFieldsForever

StrawberryFieldsForever

Short Season A Ball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

Despite the rumors about Den Dekker making the team this spring, I don't think the organization is going to promote him to the Majors while he still needs to figure out how to hit Eastern League pitching.

That's really the point I was making about him, at least based on spring training. I mean most pro's of any sort of standard should be able to hit .143 simply by closing their eyes the moment the pitch is released, swinging the bat at thin air, and hoping that they hit the thing by accident and find a gap in the infield!! So it certainly isn't good enough for going up against guys like Halladay, Lee, Strasburg, Johnson, Hanson and the rest, which he would need to be doing over the next 2-3 weeks until Torres is (hopefully) back. But it's a pretty cruel dilemma for a coach to have to deal with even before Game 1 is half way over.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#15 Metsfan980

Metsfan980

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,644 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:09 PM

That's really the point I was making about him, at least based on spring training. I mean most pro's of any sort of standard should be able to hit .143 simply by closing their eyes the moment the pitch is released, swinging the bat at thin air, and hoping that they hit the thing by accident and find a gap in the infield!! So it certainly isn't good enough for going up against guys like Halladay, Lee, Strasburg, Johnson, Hanson and the rest, which he would need to be doing over the next 2-3 weeks until Torres is (hopefully) back. But it's a pretty cruel dilemma for a coach to have to deal with even before Game 1 is half way over.

Den Dekker had 91 strikeouts and 27 walks in 314 plate appearances with Binghamton last year.

That's bad (not as bad as Valdespin's 25 strikeouts and 4 walks in 113 plate appearances with Buffalo last year).

In other news:

If Nieuwenhuis starts in center field tomorrow, then the Mets will have seven homegrown players in the lineup (Thole, Davis, Murphy, Wright, Tejada, Nieuwenhuis, and Duda). I guess it's fair to call Bay a homegrown player as well (he played in St. Lucie and Binghamton in 2002), but he's not as traditional as the other seven.
Posted Image
Love baseball? Sign up for the THR OOTP 10 league!

#16 betterNYgm

betterNYgm

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,319 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:30 PM

In other news:

If Nieuwenhuis starts in center field tomorrow, then the Mets will have seven homegrown players in the lineup (Thole, Davis, Murphy, Wright, Tejada, Nieuwenhuis, and Duda). I guess it's fair to call Bay a homegrown player as well (he played in St. Lucie and Binghamton in 2002), but he's not as traditional as the other seven.

And if the same lineup takes the field Sunday, there would be 8 because of Niese, and you could say all 9 because of Bay.
!EVEILEB ATTOG AY
Posted Image

#17 mikevailrules

mikevailrules

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:13 PM

And if the same lineup takes the field Sunday, there would be 8 because of Niese, and you could say all 9 because of Bay.

Welcome to the show Kirk

Duda is on pace to homer 162 times this year

keep it up bullpen

LGM
MVR is 100% correct.

I don't get it

#18 StrawberryFieldsForever

StrawberryFieldsForever

Short Season A Ball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:09 AM

Very impressive start, OK, it's only two games so far, and against a Braves team that could be in all sorts of trouble and look pretty flat. Duda looks like he's about to crush everything that comes his way, and David Wright never began a year so hot, hard to find fault with anything in those first couple of games. Hope to watch game 3 of this series later on MLB.TV if I can get dinner out of the way! There's a lot of talk on SNY of Niese being in line for a big contract offer to keep him tied to the club, so let's see if he passes the audition later!

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#19 metsfanohio

metsfanohio

Hall Of Fame Caliber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:09 PM

Very impressive start, OK, it's only two games so far, and against a Braves team that could be in all sorts of trouble and look pretty flat. Duda looks like he's about to crush everything that comes his way, and David Wright never began a year so hot, hard to find fault with anything in those first couple of games. Hope to watch game 3 of this series later on MLB.TV if I can get dinner out of the way! There's a lot of talk on SNY of Niese being in line for a big contract offer to keep him tied to the club, so let's see if he passes the audition later!

already done......he signed a 5 year deal worth 25.5 million and also has options years at the end
Please visit, join and contribute @ http://sports.groups...kMetsClubhouse/

#20 mikevailrules

mikevailrules

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:26 PM

small ball
MVR is 100% correct.