10 replies to this topic

#1 Train

Train

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:38 PM

Apparently MLB is pissed. Either Braun did a great acting job or he really didn't use PEDs. This story is not over, but it appears Braun will not be suspended 50 games.
Posted Image

“You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present.”
-Jan Glidewell

#2 gak29

gak29

Made "The Show"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,335 posts
  • Interests:Mets, Knicks, Jets, Rangers, Marist College, George Lucas's creative expenditures, analytic philosophy, and all facets of music

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:22 PM

LOLZ
Posted Image

#3 Metsfan980

Metsfan980

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,644 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:27 PM

According to ESPN's Karl Ravech, Ryan Braun won his PED suspension appeal on a revelation that a courier did not take his urine sample immediately to FedEx because he thought it was closed on Saturday nights.
The sample sat in the courier's fridge for two days, violating the normal protocol for the handling of PED tests. It might sound like a ridiculous out for Braun, but it's an absolute must that the testing process is conducted according to the policies that have been agreed upon between the players' union and the commissioner's office. Braun will be in camp on Friday.

From rotoworld.
Posted Image
Love baseball? Sign up for the THR OOTP 10 league!

#4 gak29

gak29

Made "The Show"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,335 posts
  • Interests:Mets, Knicks, Jets, Rangers, Marist College, George Lucas's creative expenditures, analytic philosophy, and all facets of music

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:41 PM

From rotoworld.

LOLZ
Posted Image

#5 birtelcom

birtelcom

Made "The Show"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,842 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:09 PM

--According to the New York Times points out, under the collective bargaining agreement, we should not have even known about this, because testing results are not supposed to be public until the punishment is actually handed out. It's possible that other players have appealed and won, or will in the future appeal and win, without our ever knowing about it. At least that's supposed to be the way it works, if I understand the Times correctly.

--The guy kept Braun's sample in his home refrigerator??!! Yuck. Double-Yuck.

--Train : "...MLB is pissed." Indeed.

#6 BelieveinNYM

BelieveinNYM

Triple A

• Blogger
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:49 PM

Something about this makes no sense. This is all because the moron who had the sample thought Fedex didn't operate on Saturdays, even though he had it as early as Friday afternoon. I'm not sold on the tampering theory, but who the hell holds on to a pee pee sample in their personal fridge for a while weekend? NASTY!
Posted Image
The night all was Wright in my life!

#7 gak29

gak29

Made "The Show"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,335 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:06 AM

Something about this makes no sense. This is all because the moron who had the sample thought Fedex didn't operate on Saturdays, even though he had it as early as Friday afternoon. I'm not sold on the tampering theory, but who the hell holds on to a pee pee sample in their personal fridge for a while weekend? NASTY!

Don't look in my fridge.
Posted Image

#8 BelieveinNYM

BelieveinNYM

Triple A

• Blogger
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:24 AM

Don't look in my fridge.

What?! You mean that wasn't apple juice?????
Posted Image
The night all was Wright in my life!

#9 Train

Train

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:24 PM

Or beer??
Posted Image

“You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present.”
-Jan Glidewell

#10 ils

ils

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,115 posts
  • Interests:METS

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:29 PM

The dude won his case. MLB looks bad for complaining, IMO.

#11 Doc

Doc

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,294 posts
  • Interests:Family, movies, graphic novels, music, Mets, Knicks, cycling, and shoveling snow.

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:40 PM

I heard a guy from the World Anti-Doping Commission who said this is exactly how it is handled when the sample can not be processed immediately. He said this ruling undermines all testing when not done on site like I believe the Olympics dose.

Or beer??

Well it used to be beer. Posted Image

The dude won his case. MLB looks bad for complaining, IMO.

MLB looks bad for the leak--possibly pun intended. They have every right to be mad he gets no penalty due to what was deemed a process error. From what I understand, and I admit I have not heard very much about it for the past 48 hours, previously no one had won an appeal based on a 'technicality'. Apparently the whole appeal process is screwy as it is a three member board but the MLB rep and the MLBPA rep always disagree so the independent arbiter always makes the decision. As someone who does this sort of thing as part of my job, there are definitely times where even those of us with completely opposite agendas can agree that someone has or has not done something wrong.
We Live. We Learn. We Teach. Posted Image
"Living the dream, Baby."--Mr Met.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users