Photo

The Vacation Thread Incorporating Your Helpful Tips...

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Luke

Luke

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts
  • Interests:Is not a Clemens

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:25 PM

OK...friends and Doubting Thomases alike...here is the update:

34 days until I leave Melbourne. We have a night in Auckland, New Zealand (visiting friends); then have 5 nights in Honolulu...and I do believe that by most assessments 'Honolulu' is part of the USA!!!

I have my new Passport and today arranged my visa waiver business (apparently my country is good enough friend that we only have to pay $14 a person; and promise never to have fought with the Nazis in order to enter)!

So, what is the probability of a screw up this time? Almost zero (you've gotta make some allowance for lightning strikes and the like). What I do know is that work has turned out perfectly. I'm currently doing a Trial that will go for a maximum of 8 more workdays. It is perfect because it is a one week Trial that will run for 18 or so days. The perfect bit being the extra 13 days of splashing money I'm making. I'm not going to run the risk of any more Trials before I leave - no matter what.

After a week and a half or so mucking about in Honolulu, San Fran and LA (and points in between); we get to JFK at 5.13pm on April 4. With any luck, we should be comfortably ensconced in our hotel by early evening. Then from 8th to 18th April we are staying at this nice looking apartment in Park Slope, Brooklyn - www.caldersflat.com

So, there are quetions that I have...and they're coming when I get rid of these visitors!
Posted Image

LET'S GO METS!!!!

#2 Doc

Doc

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,294 posts
  • Interests:Family, movies, graphic novels, music, Mets, Knicks, cycling, and shoveling snow.

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:59 PM

NY put the light on for you my friend.

Posted Image
We Live. We Learn. We Teach. Posted Image
"Living the dream, Baby."--Mr Met.

#3 gak29

gak29

Made "The Show"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,335 posts
  • Interests:Mets, Knicks, Jets, Rangers, Marist College, George Lucas's creative expenditures, analytic philosophy, and all facets of music

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:47 AM

Go to Portland.
Posted Image

#4 Luke

Luke

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:20 AM

Go to Portland.

No George...would like to...once upon a time, I met a girl from Eugene, Oregon...she was lovely...if you had met her...well...'hairs'/'palms'...perhaps not so much!

So, back to business...

Question 1 and 1A: Where and when can I watch a Trial of a felony? Does anyone know a criminal Trial lawyer I can talk to both in advance and when I get there?
Posted Image

LET'S GO METS!!!!

#5 Retire#17

Retire#17

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:My intrests include, the Mets, my wife and kids, complaining about work and not getting enough sleep

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:37 PM

So mini-outing in mid-April!

644608_10200938925903242_1507082367_n.jp

#6 Luke

Luke

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:58 AM

So mini-outing in mid-April!

Gee, I hope so...although I think we (the team) hit the road about 10 April...
Posted Image

LET'S GO METS!!!!

#7 Luke

Luke

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:01 AM

Had a guy ask me today if I would do a one week Trial commencing on Monday 12 March (9 full working days before we leave)...

Response: 'there are not enough zeroes that you could put on the end of my fee for me to do it!!!'

See you soon kiddies!
Posted Image

LET'S GO METS!!!!

#8 Luke

Luke

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:07 AM

Next question(s): I will be needing a phone:

(i) Is there a carrier I should prefer?
(ii) How much are the buggers going to hit me for one...or even one with email/interwebz capacity?
(iii) Would there be a kind heart on here who would (naturally, after copping the dollars from me) be prepared to find the time to grab it and post it to me (so I'm good to go on arrival)?
Posted Image

LET'S GO METS!!!!

#9 birtelcom

birtelcom

Made "The Show"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,790 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:19 AM

Next question(s): I will be needing a phone:

(i) Is there a carrier I should prefer?
(ii) How much are the buggers going to hit me for one...or even one with email/interwebz capacity?
(iii) Would there be a kind heart on here who would (naturally, after copping the dollars from me) be prepared to find the time to grab it and post it to me (so I'm good to go on arrival)?

MetroPCS is a service that allows you to sign up for unlimited talk, text and web for a month at a time, without signing a long-term contract: http://www.metropcs.com/metro/

#10 birtelcom

birtelcom

Made "The Show"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,790 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:30 AM

Gee, I hope so...although I think we (the team) hit the road about 10 April...

Monday night April 9, vs. the Nats? Should be plenty of seats, and Monday nights are the quietest for visitors looking to do other stuff in NYC (most theater and much other entertainment, most museums, etc. closed on Monday). Also Tuesday as an alternative (Wednesday's a day game -- problem for those of us who work).

#11 Luke

Luke

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:54 PM

Monday night April 9, vs. the Nats? Should be plenty of seats, and Monday nights are the quietest for visitors looking to do other stuff in NYC (most theater and much other entertainment, most museums, etc. closed on Monday). Also Tuesday as an alternative (Wednesday's a day game -- problem for those of us who work).

Works for me...
Posted Image

LET'S GO METS!!!!

#12 Luke

Luke

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:23 AM

Three questions really need answers:

1. How long would it take from Prospect Park to Wave Hill by subway? And, is it as worthwhile as it appears to me?
2. The 'powers that be' (aka Denise; aka The Boss; aka Her Indoors; aka Wife; aka Leader of the Opposition) has her everlovin' heart set on seeing the Hamptons. I'm a little 'if you REALLY must'. Pick a town and tell me how to get there and back by train in a day, please?
3. I really, really want you all to dig deep in your memory banks and/or contacts lists and find me a criminal felony lawyer. Won't you plase?

6 sleeps 'til departure...not that I'm counting or anything.

I have an iPad...wanted to get a Mets orange case but 'powers that be number 2 (aka Anna; aka 'pre-teen attitude'; aka 'the Big Banana') said I was being 'gay'. She got in trouble for two things there: being careless with English (she doesn't think I'm gay and she doesn't regard gay people in any perjorative way); and for dissing our Metsies!!
Posted Image

LET'S GO METS!!!!

#13 Doc

Doc

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,294 posts
  • Interests:Family, movies, graphic novels, music, Mets, Knicks, cycling, and shoveling snow.

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:30 PM

2. The 'powers that be' (aka Denise; aka The Boss; aka Her Indoors; aka Wife; aka Leader of the Opposition) has her everlovin' heart set on seeing the Hamptons. I'm a little 'if you REALLY must'. Pick a town and tell me how to get there and back by train in a day, please?

Check your emails.
We Live. We Learn. We Teach. Posted Image
"Living the dream, Baby."--Mr Met.

#14 Game Six

Game Six

Mod Team

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:33 PM

Hey, folks. Sorry if I missed it/am looking in the wrong post/place but was there ever a specific date/game chosen for Barker Day @ New Shea Stadium?

#15 Big Country Griff

Big Country Griff

Triple A

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,666 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:24 AM

Hey, folks. Sorry if I missed it/am looking in the wrong post/place but was there ever a specific date/game chosen for Barker Day @ New Shea Stadium?

Several days have been mentioned, but there appear to be two groups headed out. First one is on Saturday the 7th, second one is Monday the 9th.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users