Luke

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Interests:Is not a Clemens

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:55 AM

James,

This site did an awful lot for me and, assuredly, you were one of the people assisting.

So ,when things get difficult for you, I wanted something a little different. After all, you and your family have support all around the World...not just in the US.

So I searched 'Australia hands up'. And I got nothing that yelled at me, I'm the one.

Then I thought about hands up in a different way.

Every so often a sportsman comes along who is extraordinary. I introduce you to Dustin Martin. His hand goes up (at least to the horizontal)...he just smashes through people...and...no one argues.

So - the point of all that is that not only do I invoke raised hands...but...it will be belted.

Stay strong.

Posted Image
Posted Image

LET'S GO METS!!!!

#22 Doc

Doc

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,294 posts
  • Interests:Family, movies, graphic novels, music, Mets, Knicks, cycling, and shoveling snow.

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:41 PM

Posted Image
We Live. We Learn. We Teach. Posted Image
"Living the dream, Baby."--Mr Met.

#23 Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne

Triple A

• Blogger
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,345 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:25 PM

My thoughts and prayers go to your mother and your family.
Ya Gotta Believe!

#24 oleman

oleman

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts
  • Interests:Taking a vacation to NYC

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:09 AM

Sorry to be late in throwing in on the prayers Hoov. We are all praying here.
Side note.
My father was found to have a Grapefruit size tumor in his brain in October. This was found to have been the cause of his rapid deterioration over the last year which he had been blaming on strokes from diabetes. He had surgery and the tumor was removed and as of now he is walking, talking and if you can believe this is actually driving again. Hoov, never underestimate the power of prayer. Miracles happen every day.

In faith we all pray for your mothers complete recovery.

Ole
Posted Image

Yea, I roll like that!

#25 betterNYgm

betterNYgm

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,319 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:58 PM

Sorry to be late in throwing in on the prayers Hoov. We are all praying here.
Side note.
My father was found to have a Grapefruit size tumor in his brain in October. This was found to have been the cause of his rapid deterioration over the last year which he had been blaming on strokes from diabetes. He had surgery and the tumor was removed and as of now he is walking, talking and if you can believe this is actually driving again. Hoov, never underestimate the power of prayer. Miracles happen every day.

In faith we all pray for your mothers complete recovery.

Ole

That's great to hear, Ole.

Your mother has my prayers, Hoov. Hopefully she has a similar result to Ole's father.
!EVEILEB ATTOG AY
Posted Image

#26 oleman

oleman

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts
  • Interests:Taking a vacation to NYC

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:00 AM

That's great to hear, Ole.

Thanks better.
It was a wild ride but apparently the tumor had been there for many years. It did not end up being cancerous which was a huge blessing.
Your mother has my prayers, Hoov. Hopefully she has a similar result to Ole's father.

Posted Image

Yea, I roll like that!

#27 Hoovbacca

Hoovbacca

Admin Team

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,217 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:23 AM

Just wanted to quickly update everyone. Sadly things have not gone well for mom since her initial diagnosis. We received the news yesterday that we've kind of been expecting, that these are her last days. Your thoughts,prayers etc for mom, my family and those around us are deeply appreciated. I am sure you guys understand that I will be very much absent for the time being, but this board and you wonderful people are my refuge, so I will be back and we will talk Mets baseball!
Posted Image

#28 BelieveinNYM

BelieveinNYM

Triple A

• Blogger
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:18 PM

Just wanted to quickly update everyone. Sadly things have not gone well for mom since her initial diagnosis. We received the news yesterday that we've kind of been expecting, that these are her last days. Your thoughts,prayers etc for mom, my family and those around us are deeply appreciated. I am sure you guys understand that I will be very much absent for the time being, but this board and you wonderful people are my refuge, so I will be back and we will talk Mets baseball!

We've all got your back and all of our thoughts and prayers are with you. Take as much time as you need. Take care of yourself, and let us know if you need anything!
Posted Image
The night all was Wright in my life!

#29 Big Country Griff

Big Country Griff

Triple A

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,666 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:19 PM

Very sorry to hear this news JB. Going to continue praying for a miracle, and you know how to find me if you ever need to reach out for someone to talk to.
Posted Image

#30 Game Six

Game Six

Mod Team

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:01 PM

JB,

I am so sorry to hear this latest news about you mom. My best wishes to your mom in her final days and to your family as they gather around your mom. Lots of love, brother.

#31 Luke

Luke

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Interests:Is not a Clemens

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:06 PM

Been there and they are difficult times - completely surreal.

Stay strong and best of luck.
Posted Image

LET'S GO METS!!!!

#32 jfsportz

jfsportz

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:35 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Hoov. Stay strong bud.

Like comedy? Feeling down and want to cheer yourself up? Then comedicast is for you! http://comedicast.libsyn.com/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted Image

(Avatar and signature photos credit to MetsBlog, in the event Cerrone comes after me.)

#33 gak29

gak29

Made "The Show"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,335 posts
  • Interests:Mets, Knicks, Jets, Rangers, Marist College, George Lucas's creative expenditures, analytic philosophy, and all facets of music

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:16 PM

It's worth repeating: stay strong, man.
Posted Image

#34 betterNYgm

betterNYgm

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,319 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:29 PM

So sorry to hear about this, Hoov. Obviously thoughts and prayers to you and your family and especially for your mom to at least not suffer too much. I can't even begin to imagine how you must feel.
!EVEILEB ATTOG AY
Posted Image

#35 Doc

Doc

• Moderators
  • 11,294 posts
  • Interests:Family, movies, graphic novels, music, Mets, Knicks, cycling, and shoveling snow.

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:05 PM

Let me join the chorus of prayers headed your way. Be with your mom in her time of need. We will always be here for you in yours.
We Live. We Learn. We Teach. Posted Image
"Living the dream, Baby."--Mr Met.

#36 ils

ils

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,115 posts
  • Interests:METS

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:25 PM

Sorry sorry bud, you're in our thoughts.

#37 B P

B P

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:37 PM

Very sorry to hear. Stay strong.
Posted Image
"I just had an argument with a girl I know. She was saying how it's unfair that if a guy bangs a different girl every week, he's a legend, but if a girl bangs just two guys in a year, she's a slut. So in response I told her that if a key opens lots of locks, then it's a master key. But if a lock is opened by lots of keys, then it's a crappy lock. That shut her up."

Check out my Amazon store for books and video and other items: www.amazon.com/shops/mr_pavlov
Check out my blog: http://metstats.wordpress.com

#38 Retire#17

Retire#17

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:My intrests include, the Mets, my wife and kids, complaining about work and not getting enough sleep

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:21 PM

So sorry to hear about this JB. Enjoy what time you have with her, and remember the good times.

644608_10200938925903242_1507082367_n.jp

#39 goldglv17

goldglv17

Admin Team

• Root Admin
  • 15,296 posts
  • Interests:For legal reasons I can not answer this on a public forum.

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:30 PM

Hey folks, it is with a heavy heart, I let you know that Hoov's Mom has passed away. She went peacefully with her husband holding her hand, and is now in a better place. Hoof, we love ya buddy, and you know we are all here for you!
:(

I still have no idea what's going on....

#40 BelieveinNYM

BelieveinNYM

Triple A

• Blogger
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:32 PM

Sending my buddy Hoov a big, east coast hug. Hoov, Mas and I are definitely keeping you and your family in our prayers.
Posted Image
The night all was Wright in my life!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users