2 replies to this topic

#1 Train

Train

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:33 PM

So with this whole PSU controversy, a legendary coach has passed away. Here is how I will remember JoePa: A legendary coach, that revolutionized a university. He was college football, he created Happy Valley. However, off the field, is anything but revolutionary. Moreso revolting, he put his kingdom above morality. I don't care if he was physically involved with this whole saga. He knew about it, he could have used his rule and stopped it. But no, he didn't want controversy in his kingdom.

Look at the whole book from soup to nuts. It was a buildup of enormous proportions, then a war that led to his removal, and now the king, Mr. Penn State is dead and will be buried in peace. I don't want anyone to die, and it is sad a huge sports figure has passed. I just wish sports were not the only thing that consumed Mr. Paterno's life.

Rest in Peace. I hope you released your demons and apologized to everyone before you slept this morning.
Posted Image

“You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present.”
-Jan Glidewell

#2 Doc

Doc

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,294 posts
  • Interests:Family, movies, graphic novels, music, Mets, Knicks, cycling, and shoveling snow.

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:31 PM

Very well said.
We Live. We Learn. We Teach. Posted Image
"Living the dream, Baby."--Mr Met.

#3 metsfanohio

metsfanohio

Hall Of Fame Caliber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:40 AM

Very well said.