6 replies to this topic

#1 B P

B P

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:48 AM

Last night I ended up going to my first comedy club. Caroline's on Broadway. Good place (although I have nothing to compare it to). A bit expensive, but that's to be expected considering where its located. If you've never been there, check out their lineup. Anyways, I'm making this thread because I'd like to check out other comedy clubs in NYC. I understand a comedy club isn't like a restaurant where you can say "the food is great there". Of course the lineup will change at these clubs, but I'm assuming that most clubs have a reputation that follows them because of the type of comedians that go there.

I'll be checking out the Comedy Cellar tonight. Do others have any other recommendations? Or is there any other comedy club you've been to (not necessarily in NYC) that you've enjoyed?
Posted Image
"I just had an argument with a girl I know. She was saying how it's unfair that if a guy bangs a different girl every week, he's a legend, but if a girl bangs just two guys in a year, she's a slut. So in response I told her that if a key opens lots of locks, then it's a master key. But if a lock is opened by lots of keys, then it's a crappy lock. That shut her up."

Check out my Amazon store for books and video and other items: www.amazon.com/shops/mr_pavlov
Check out my blog: http://metstats.wordpress.com

#2 goldglv17

goldglv17

Admin Team

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,296 posts
  • Interests:For legal reasons I can not answer this on a public forum.

Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:48 AM

You nailed the 2 best in one post, BP. Caroline's is the cream of the crop in NYC and the Cellar gets amazing surprising guests working on new material. I've seen Seinfeld and Dennis Miller there on nights it was supposed to be much lesser known names, just working on new stuff. Pretty awesome.
:(

I still have no idea what's going on....

#3 betterNYgm

betterNYgm

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,319 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 11:24 AM

Not that I'm really adding anything here, but Caroline's is across 50th and B'way from my office.
!EVEILEB ATTOG AY
Posted Image

#4 Retire#17

Retire#17

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:My intrests include, the Mets, my wife and kids, complaining about work and not getting enough sleep

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:46 PM

I don't know if its still there, but we always had fun times at The Gotham Comedy Club. Once we saw Chris Rock come and do a surprise set at Caroline's.

644608_10200938925903242_1507082367_n.jp

#5 B P

B P

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:19 AM

I don't know if its still there, but we always had fun times at The Gotham Comedy Club. Once we saw Chris Rock come and do a surprise set at Caroline's.

Will check it out.

Went to Comedy Cellar last night. Let's just say I think I may have found a second home. I will probably be making many visits there. I coincidentally went there only because I saw the name of a comedian I liked and ended up getting more than I bargained for. I even got to see Jim Norton and he wasn't even in the lineup! My favorite though had to be John Mulaney. Never heard of him before, but boy was he good. Don't think a second passed without the room cracking up. And Dan Naturman was the other guy who stood out as well. All new names to me. But I'm sure I'll get familiar with them in due time.
Posted Image
"I just had an argument with a girl I know. She was saying how it's unfair that if a guy bangs a different girl every week, he's a legend, but if a girl bangs just two guys in a year, she's a slut. So in response I told her that if a key opens lots of locks, then it's a master key. But if a lock is opened by lots of keys, then it's a crappy lock. That shut her up."

Check out my Amazon store for books and video and other items: www.amazon.com/shops/mr_pavlov

#6 B P

B P

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 10:10 PM

Going to add "Upright Citizens Brigage Theater" to the list. Good improv comedy.
Posted Image

#7 gak29

gak29

Made "The Show"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,335 posts
  • Interests:Mets, Knicks, Jets, Rangers, Marist College, George Lucas's creative expenditures, analytic philosophy, and all facets of music

Posted 07 August 2011 - 10:24 PM

Going to add "Upright Citizens Brigage Theater" to the list. Good improv comedy.

I think Amy Poehler started that one, and that's how she got on SNL.

But, wait, you implied it was funny, so that can't be right....:lol:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users