2011 Happy Recap Outing

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#161 Doc

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,294 posts
  • Interests:Family, movies, graphic novels, music, Mets, Knicks, cycling, and shoveling snow.

Posted 07 August 2011 - 07:20 AM

As always, had a fantastic time last night (or this morning). I wish I had more time speaking with each of you, but with the kids in tow I was a bit limited. I also had to keep explaining how we were part of a charity group and that this was the one day a year Game Six was allowed out of the 'hospital'. Unbelievably they accepted that he wasn't dangerous.

I agree with zol that the crowd, despite the rain really were into the game and the players. When Bay went yard there were no booing. I bet CC hears some at his next start in the Bronx.

GG once again played the honorable host. The guy could convince a Philly fan to simply retaste his hot dog rather than share it with a kid.

Lisa looks great after just having a kid.

Griff is now Alexa's Citi BFF. If I didn't know him so well, that would be kinda creepy.

Good to see that Shan and Tool are alive and well.

Maria shared her disdain for Josh, but I think I saw her smile when Thole went deep. (No TWSS necessary).

During the rain delay I randomly bumped into Birt twice. Neither time was he looking up a stat. Like I said...random.

Well we're off to the Gary Keith and Ron event. More later.
We Live. We Learn. We Teach. Posted Image
"Living the dream, Baby."--Mr Met.

#162 Retire#17

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:My intrests include, the Mets, my wife and kids, complaining about work and not getting enough sleep

Posted 07 August 2011 - 07:18 PM

As always it was a great outing. Well not so great for Michael Bourn (and the reputation of his mother's cooking).

Despite the smallish turnout it was really nice and a tad more intimate, which was nice. No offense to regular attendees that couldn't make it this year.

The rain delay wasn't so bad, we got to hang out a bit longer at the bar.

The seats were great I hope next year we can sit there again.

And yes, I should have gotten that ball that Angel "AAAA" Pagan threw into our section. Silly little girls sitting two rows back and their deft little hands.

#163 Luke

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts
  • Interests:Is not a Clemens

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:15 AM

Silly little girls sitting two rows back and their deft little hands.

Sounds like maybe you need a lawyer, bro!!

(Could be my only chance to get a little involved)!
Posted Image

#164 shangriff

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:28 PM

Wooooooooooooooooo was everyone excited about my celebrity appearance?!? I know, I know..everyone tried very hard to contain themselves for the sake of everyone else. Anyway, I haven't been on here in SO long that I don't remember how to quote what someone said (oops)..so when I read Nick's post saying that I promised to start posting again, I felt the need to comment. That bastard said he didn't believe me and God knows how I love to prove people wrong so ha! Seriously though, I hope everyone is doing well and it was so nice to see some of you. I wanted to try to talk to everyone but I got buzzed pretty fast and I was in my own world (shocking, I know). Yay!
Posted Image

#165 Timezkware Tim

Timezkware Tim

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,645 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:43 AM

Wow, I really missed seeing you guys and, of course, the Mets. I was busy moving across country and finding a job. I look forward to making it next year, that is, if the team is still in Flushing and isn't moved to some West Coast city.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

. Warning: Don't click here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users