2011 Happy Recap Outing

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#161 Doc

Doc

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,294 posts
  • Interests:Family, movies, graphic novels, music, Mets, Knicks, cycling, and shoveling snow.

Posted 07 August 2011 - 07:20 AM

As always, had a fantastic time last night (or this morning). I wish I had more time speaking with each of you, but with the kids in tow I was a bit limited. I also had to keep explaining how we were part of a charity group and that this was the one day a year Game Six was allowed out of the 'hospital'. Unbelievably they accepted that he wasn't dangerous.

I agree with zol that the crowd, despite the rain really were into the game and the players. When Bay went yard there were no booing. I bet CC hears some at his next start in the Bronx.

GG once again played the honorable host. The guy could convince a Philly fan to simply retaste his hot dog rather than share it with a kid.

Lisa looks great after just having a kid.

Griff is now Alexa's Citi BFF. If I didn't know him so well, that would be kinda creepy.

Good to see that Shan and Tool are alive and well.

Maria shared her disdain for Josh, but I think I saw her smile when Thole went deep. (No TWSS necessary).

During the rain delay I randomly bumped into Birt twice. Neither time was he looking up a stat. Like I said...random.

Well we're off to the Gary Keith and Ron event. More later.
We Live. We Learn. We Teach. Posted Image
"Living the dream, Baby."--Mr Met.

#162 Retire#17

Retire#17

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:My intrests include, the Mets, my wife and kids, complaining about work and not getting enough sleep

Posted 07 August 2011 - 07:18 PM

As always it was a great outing. Well not so great for Michael Bourn (and the reputation of his mother's cooking).

Despite the smallish turnout it was really nice and a tad more intimate, which was nice. No offense to regular attendees that couldn't make it this year.

The rain delay wasn't so bad, we got to hang out a bit longer at the bar.

The seats were great I hope next year we can sit there again.

And yes, I should have gotten that ball that Angel "AAAA" Pagan threw into our section. Silly little girls sitting two rows back and their deft little hands.

644608_10200938925903242_1507082367_n.jp

#163 Luke

Luke

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,098 posts
  • Interests:Is not a Clemens

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:15 AM

Silly little girls sitting two rows back and their deft little hands.

Sounds like maybe you need a lawyer, bro!!

(Could be my only chance to get a little involved)!
Posted Image

LET'S GO METS!!!!

#164 shangriff

shangriff

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:28 PM

Wooooooooooooooooo was everyone excited about my celebrity appearance?!? I know, I know..everyone tried very hard to contain themselves for the sake of everyone else. Anyway, I haven't been on here in SO long that I don't remember how to quote what someone said (oops)..so when I read Nick's post saying that I promised to start posting again, I felt the need to comment. That bastard said he didn't believe me and God knows how I love to prove people wrong so ha! Seriously though, I hope everyone is doing well and it was so nice to see some of you. I wanted to try to talk to everyone but I got buzzed pretty fast and I was in my own world (shocking, I know). Yay!
Posted Image

#165 Timezkware Tim

Timezkware Tim

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,643 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:43 AM

Wow, I really missed seeing you guys and, of course, the Mets. I was busy moving across country and finding a job. I look forward to making it next year, that is, if the team is still in Flushing and isn't moved to some West Coast city.

Tim
IT'S TIME FOR THE METS.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

. Warning: Don't click here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users