#1 GMF

GMF

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:47 AM

From the nytimes.com

After two years of roster purging and payroll slashing, the Knicks got their first big payoff Monday and could hardly contain their optimism — rules, contracts and official signing dates notwithstanding. Amar’e Stoudemire was on the Madison Square Garden marquee, wearing a white Knicks jersey with a No. 1 on the chest. His image filled electronic billboards across the premises. A large banner inside bore a slogan, “Stat City,” that played on his nickname, STAT (Standing Tall and Talented).

Finally, early Monday night, Stoudemire emerged with a blue Knicks cap on his head and proclaimed, “The Knicks are back.”

continue the story here:

http://www.nytimes.c..._r=1&ref=sports

In other News, Brian Cashman believes that LeBron will become a Knick now that they signed STAT. I know many of you guys to not care, and Stoudemire has a history of injuries and all, but i am super excited!

GO NEW YORK GO NEW YORK GOOOO!
The Few, The Proud, The Mets German Fanbase - LET'S GO METS!

Matt Cerrone on 7/22/09:
"October 2006 seems like a lifetime ago, doesn’t it…"

Dana Brand - January 2010
"Try not to despair about the upcoming season. If it made sense to root for the Mets, we would have given it up a long time ago."

Steven Hirsch - May 2010
“To be a Mets fan requires an incredible amount of patience, discipline, and tolerance, among other traits. It’s a non-stop job that will often cause much crying, screaming, cheering, and clapping throughout an average day. But most importantly, being a Mets fan means knowing that there are 162 games in a season. There is always time to make up for your mistakes, and there is always time to catch other teams.”[/size]

Danny Abriano - November 2010(before hiring of new manager)
I will never stop being a Mets fan. I will never stop caring about them. I will never stop hanging on every pitch, waiting for that next incredible moment.

#2 Doc

Doc

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,294 posts
  • Interests:Family, movies, graphic novels, music, Mets, Knicks, cycling, and shoveling snow.

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:31 AM

I'm getting excited.
We Live. We Learn. We Teach. Posted Image
"Living the dream, Baby."--Mr Met.

#3 ils

ils

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,115 posts
  • Interests:METS

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:48 PM

I've read that Lebron James is the Stephen Strasberg of basketball.

#4 goldglv17

goldglv17

Admin Team

• Root Admin
  • 15,296 posts
  • Interests:For legal reasons I can not answer this on a public forum.

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:57 PM

This is not good, no matter how you spin it. The only way this is a positive is if getting Stoudemire directly results in you getting Lebron. Otherwise all you did was give $100M to a big man with one microfracture surgery already under his belt and a history of not getting along with the head coach even when they were winning 50+ game/year and he was playing alongside a multiple time MVP.

Right now the scorecard still reads: Incomplete.
:(

I still have no idea what's going on....

#5 Doc

Doc

• Moderators
  • 11,294 posts
  • Interests:Family, movies, graphic novels, music, Mets, Knicks, cycling, and shoveling snow.

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:21 PM

This is not good, no matter how you spin it. The only way this is a positive is if getting Stoudemire directly results in you getting Lebron. Otherwise all you did was give $100M to a big man with one microfracture surgery already under his belt and a history of not getting along with the head coach even when they were winning 50+ game/year and he was playing alongside a multiple time MVP.

Right now the scorecard still reads: Incomplete.

I agree on the incomplete part, but I will be happy if he brings any other star power player, not just Lebron. As far as the coach thing, I like the fact he took ownership of this saying he was immature and wrong at the time. It sounds like he and D'antoni had a good talk a few days ago. I agree the injury thing is a concern, but when he plays he brings his all. Very few Knick stars have done that in the last decade.

#6 Train

Train

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:06 PM

Lebron to make his decision at 9 PM on an ESPN special, according to Chris Broussard. Speculation is the Knicks are "very much alive."

If the Knicks got Lebron, I will start watching them again. Solely Amar'e does not do it for me. I do think though they are still a work in progress even with Lebron and Amar'e in the fold. I am not a fan of the pieces they do have (besides Gallinari.. Douglas is a work in progress, the center is a major ?... etc)
Posted Image

“You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present.”
-Jan Glidewell

#7 gak29

gak29

Made "The Show"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,335 posts
  • Interests:Mets, Knicks, Jets, Rangers, Marist College, George Lucas's creative expenditures, analytic philosophy, and all facets of music

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:14 PM

Lebron to make his decision at 9 PM on an ESPN special, according to Chris Broussard. Speculation is the Knicks are "very much alive."

If the Knicks got Lebron, I will start watching them again. Solely Amar'e does not do it for me. I do think though they are still a work in progress even with Lebron and Amar'e in the fold. I am not a fan of the pieces they do have (besides Gallinari.. Douglas is a work in progress, the center is a major ?... etc)

9pm Thursday. Had me worried....

So, I read the report of it on ESPN.com:

If Bosh joins a team without doing a sign-and-trade, he will be able to sign only a five-year deal worth $96 million.

ONLY?!?!?! Good lord, have we lost total perspective?
Posted Image

#8 gak29

gak29

Made "The Show"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,335 posts
  • Interests:Mets, Knicks, Jets, Rangers, Marist College, George Lucas's creative expenditures, analytic philosophy, and all facets of music

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:16 PM

Oh, and Ama're.....ehhh....

I'll go ahead and give this an F. You know it'll happen. We were cleansed of these contracts, but we risk starting the vicious bad contract cycle back up again with this. Ama're isn't good enough to commit to that contract.
Posted Image

#9 Train

Train

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:04 AM

Looks like Bosh and Wade are going to Miami... good lord LeBron could go to Miami..

Looks like one of four places now: NY, CHI, CLE, Or MIA. While the one hour show is silly on ESPN, this will certainly be one of the biggest decisions to be publicized in a long time.
Posted Image

“You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present.”
-Jan Glidewell

#10 goldglv17

goldglv17

Admin Team

• Root Admin
  • 15,296 posts
  • Interests:For legal reasons I can not answer this on a public forum.

Posted 07 July 2010 - 01:56 PM

I will say it now, the way LeBron has handled this, he is a bigger diva than any other player in the history of sports I want no part of him, hope he goes anywhere else. We have tolerated losing in NY for a decade, I can handle one more year and bring in Carmelo.
:(

I still have no idea what's going on....

#11 ZachTavlin

ZachTavlin

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 02:23 PM

Looks like Bosh and Wade are going to Miami... good lord LeBron could go to Miami..

Looks like one of four places now: NY, CHI, CLE, Or MIA. While the one hour show is silly on ESPN, this will certainly be one of the biggest decisions to be publicized in a long time.

He's not going to Miami. It's between Cleveland and New York. Always has been.
Posted Image

#12 darkflyer

darkflyer

Short Season A Ball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 02:49 PM

I will say it now, the way LeBron has handled this, he is a bigger diva than any other player in the history of sports I want no part of him, hope he goes anywhere else. We have tolerated losing in NY for a decade, I can handle one more year and bring in Carmelo.

Chances are Melo is signing three years with Nuggets, best choice next year's probably a washed up Parker.

#13 DW

DW

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 04:46 PM

The media is equally, if not more at fault for this LeBronathon than LeBron himself. ESPN and Yahoo! especially have been strung along by the likes of "World Wide Wes" and are now looking like fools as he has been ousted from LeBron's inner circle.

If LeBron announces tomorrow that he is coming to the Garden, I will root for him as much as I root for Wright and Reyes. If not, he's just another A-Rod.
#1 All-Time Profile Viewed Member.

#14 Doc

Doc

• Moderators
  • 11,294 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 04:52 PM

The media is equally, if not more at fault for this LeBronathon than LeBron himself. ESPN and Yahoo! especially have been strung along by the likes of "World Wide Wes" and are now looking like fools as he has been ousted from LeBron's inner circle.

If LeBron announces tomorrow that he is coming to the Garden, I will root for him as much as I root for Wright and Reyes. If not, he's just another A-Rod.

At least he's giving the proceeds from tomorrow's LeBranaganza to Big Brothers/Big Sisters.

#15 metsfanohio

metsfanohio

Hall Of Fame Caliber

• Members
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 06:25 PM

lebron who?
Please visit, join and contribute @ http://sports.groups...kMetsClubhouse/

#16 Doc

Doc

• Moderators
  • 11,294 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 07:00 PM

lebron who?

You know, the guy paying most of the taxes in Ohio...and he's leaving.

#17 Metsfan980

Metsfan980

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,644 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:06 AM

This is great for the NBA (a lot of people who normally wouldn't care about the NBA are suddenly interested), but ESPN has sunk to an unbelievable low with the press conference.

They are a media outlet, and they are probably going to prevent any of their reporters from publicizing any information that becomes available before the conference. Even worse, they will actually know what he is going to do and won't broadcast it.

That goes against the entire point of being a media organization.
Posted Image
Love baseball? Sign up for the THR OOTP 10 league!

#18 B P

B P

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 05:33 AM

This is great for the NBA (a lot of people who normally wouldn't care about the NBA are suddenly interested), but ESPN has sunk to an unbelievable low with the press conference.

They are a media outlet, and they are probably going to prevent any of their reporters from publicizing any information that becomes available before the conference. Even worse, they will actually know what he is going to do and won't broadcast it.

That goes against the entire point of being a media organization.

I haven't been following exactly (I don't care much for the NBA), but from my understanding he hasn't told anyone where he's going to sign. I was under the impression ESPN's press conference would be the first time anyone finds out where he's going, including ESPN.
Posted Image
"I just had an argument with a girl I know. She was saying how it's unfair that if a guy bangs a different girl every week, he's a legend, but if a girl bangs just two guys in a year, she's a slut. So in response I told her that if a key opens lots of locks, then it's a master key. But if a lock is opened by lots of keys, then it's a crappy lock. That shut her up."

Check out my Amazon store for books and video and other items: www.amazon.com/shops/mr_pavlov
Check out my blog: http://metstats.wordpress.com

#19 Train

Train

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:20 AM

Sources: LeBron to Miami... um...

Well.. I don't know at this point, just announce it and get it over with.
Posted Image

-Jan Glidewell

#20 Metsfan980

Metsfan980

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,644 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:48 AM

I haven't been following exactly (I don't care much for the NBA), but from my understanding he hasn't told anyone where he's going to sign. I was under the impression ESPN's press conference would be the first time anyone finds out where he's going, including ESPN.

They have to prepare graphics, scripts and questions.

There's no way that people in ESPN don't know what he's going to do.

There might only be a few people (a producer or two and the big cheese), but somebody over there has to know.

Besides, if they were going to act like a media organization and not a television station looking for the ad. revenue, then they would just say "no Lebron, just tell us where you're going."
Posted Image
Love baseball? Sign up for the THR OOTP 10 league!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users