Windows Live Mail

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Doc

Doc

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,294 posts
  • Interests:Family, movies, graphic novels, music, Mets, Knicks, cycling, and shoveling snow.

Posted 20 June 2010 - 01:59 PM

I just bought a new laptop with Windows 7 and was unpleasantly surprised to find it did not have Windows Mail as an email program. I tried loading Thunderbird but could not import my old emails or settings. Anyone use Windows Live Mail and do you like it? If you are using emails not from a hot mail account are those emails stored on your computer and not visible to Bill Gates and Microsoft?
We Live. We Learn. We Teach. Posted Image
"Living the dream, Baby."--Mr Met.

#2 B P

B P

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 02:29 PM

I just bought a new laptop with Windows 7 and was unpleasantly surprised to find it did not have Windows Mail as an email program. I tried loading Thunderbird but could not import my old emails or settings. Anyone use Windows Live Mail and do you like it? If you are using emails not from a hot mail account are those emails stored on your computer and not visible to Bill Gates and Microsoft?

I don't use it, I use Outlook 2007. From what I can gather though Windows Live Mail supports POP so that means it will definitely store your mail on your computer.

I've never used Thunderbird longer than a few minutes. However if you feel inclined to give it another go, you might be able to import from Windows Mail using an extension. Check out this: http://forums.techar...are/1063939.htm
Posted Image
"I just had an argument with a girl I know. She was saying how it's unfair that if a guy bangs a different girl every week, he's a legend, but if a girl bangs just two guys in a year, she's a slut. So in response I told her that if a key opens lots of locks, then it's a master key. But if a lock is opened by lots of keys, then it's a crappy lock. That shut her up."

Check out my Amazon store for books and video and other items: www.amazon.com/shops/mr_pavlov
Check out my blog: http://metstats.wordpress.com

#3 5 aggregates

5 aggregates

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 02:43 PM

I don't use it, I use Outlook 2007. From what I can gather though Windows Live Mail supports POP so that means it will definitely store your mail on your computer.

I've never used Thunderbird longer than a few minutes. However if you feel inclined to give it another go, you might be able to import from Windows Mail using an extension. Check out this: http://forums.techar...are/1063939.htm

Mail preferences are a very personal thing. For me, the best of all possible worlds is a situation where you can store both locally and remotely - but locally is best. So I POP (post office protocol) my mail. GMail allows me to do both (both POP and store remotely, though you have to configure specific port addresses to this end), so I increasingly rely on it.

My general feeling is that any provider should be there to satisfy your needs, so if their pitch is lacking, tell 'em where to go.

To the extent that we have learned to grasp and identify with this limited life, we suffer. It's that simple. - Kornfield

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users