TV/Movie Music Game

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Doc

Doc

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,294 posts
  • Interests:Family, movies, graphic novels, music, Mets, Knicks, cycling, and shoveling snow.

Posted 29 May 2010 - 03:54 PM

So the inspiration for this game came to me while I was mowing the lawn and a particular song came on my mp3 player. Instantly I had a vivid recollection of a pivotal scene from one of my favorite movies. The game is simple and combines four of the most popular threads on THR, Movies, Television, Music, and Games. Post a song that always brings you back to a sentinel event from a movie or TV series. The next poster will try to guess what scene you had in mind, and then post their own song. If they are in correct the original poster simply states what made them choose the song.

Here is the song that inspired the game:

We Live. We Learn. We Teach. Posted Image
"Living the dream, Baby."--Mr Met.

#2 B P

B P

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 04:19 PM

Fun idea.

I'm going to go with Goodfellas (end of the film). (I'll admit to using Google on this one as I've never heard this song or seen this movie).

Posted Image
"I just had an argument with a girl I know. She was saying how it's unfair that if a guy bangs a different girl every week, he's a legend, but if a girl bangs just two guys in a year, she's a slut. So in response I told her that if a key opens lots of locks, then it's a master key. But if a lock is opened by lots of keys, then it's a crappy lock. That shut her up."

Check out my Amazon store for books and video and other items: www.amazon.com/shops/mr_pavlov
Check out my blog: http://metstats.wordpress.com

#3 Doc

Doc

• Moderators
  • 11,294 posts
  • Interests:Family, movies, graphic novels, music, Mets, Knicks, cycling, and shoveling snow.

Posted 29 May 2010 - 06:49 PM

BP gets the first one right off the bat. As soon as I hear Layla I immediately see the torment on Ray Liotta's face.

For yours I'm going with The Wedding Singer and the Dress seen. The Boy George wannabe trying on one was classic.

Here's a weird one:

#4 Nigel'sStillConfused

Nigel'sStillConfused

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 11:31 PM

BP gets the first one right off the bat. As soon as I hear Layla I immediately see the torment on Ray Liotta's face.

For yours I'm going with The Wedding Singer and the Dress seen. The Boy George wannabe trying on one was classic.

Here's a weird one:

[url="]

Gotta be Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Bicycle scene with Katherine Ross.

Here's one I always find unforgettable in terms of bringing a film instantly to mind (it is NOT an Oliver Stone):

[url="]
Posted Image

#5 goldglv17

goldglv17

Admin Team

• Root Admin
  • 15,296 posts
  • Interests:For legal reasons I can not answer this on a public forum.

Posted 30 May 2010 - 11:17 AM

You have sucked me back into word games Doc, well played. The Layla piano version from Goodfellas is an absolute classic.

Josh, for yours I will venture to guess "Apocalypse Now" another all-time great of combining visual and audio (Particularly in using Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries"

For my entry:

It's a weird one from a weird film that wasn't fully embraced by critics or audiences, but I feel it was a very good film and for some reason the use of this song at a pivotal moment should not have seemed as perfect as it did.

:(

I still have no idea what's going on....

#6 Doc

Doc

• Moderators
  • 11,294 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 01:02 PM

Josh picked mine right away. The song definitely makes no sense being in that film, but it works.

#7 B P

B P

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 01:12 PM

Here's a weird one:

It was from 500 Days of Summer. It's just a very memorable dance in the movie:

Posted Image
"I just had an argument with a girl I know. She was saying how it's unfair that if a guy bangs a different girl every week, he's a legend, but if a girl bangs just two guys in a year, she's a slut. So in response I told her that if a key opens lots of locks, then it's a master key. But if a lock is opened by lots of keys, then it's a crappy lock. That shut her up."

Check out my Amazon store for books and video and other items: www.amazon.com/shops/mr_pavlov
Check out my blog: http://metstats.wordpress.com

#8 Nigel'sStillConfused

Nigel'sStillConfused

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 10:01 PM

This may be a bit of a tough one for some of you. It was a cult TV show that I loved that only ran 2 seasons, but god did I love it, and its a huge influence on a ton of other shows that followed. (no Googling, people!)

Here's the tune that should key those of you of a certain age (or with the right Netflix queue) in:

Posted Image

#9 Doc

Doc

• Moderators
  • 11,294 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 10:13 PM

This may be a bit of a tough one for some of you. It was a cult TV show that I loved that only ran 2 seasons, but god did I love it, and its a huge influence on a ton of other shows that followed. (no Googling, people!)

Here's the tune that should key those of you of a certain age (or with the right Netflix queue) in:

For me that reminds me of Crime Story, but I thought that lasted more than 2 seasons despite the jump the shark moment of exploding an atomic bomb.

Also in the chat several guessed that GG's Beach Boys song was from Vanilla Sky.

#10 Nigel'sStillConfused

Nigel'sStillConfused

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:49 AM

For me that reminds me of Crime Story, but I thought that lasted more than 2 seasons despite the jump the shark moment of exploding an atomic bomb.

Also in the chat several guessed that GG's Beach Boys song was from Vanilla Sky.

Correct-a-mundo - it was Crime Story. (But as far as I know the show only ran 2 seasons - 1986 and 1987. I actuially liked the atomic bomb explosion - thought it was a hell of a way to end season one.)

Never saw Vanilla Sky.

how about this one?

Posted Image

#11 metzol

metzol

Mod Team

• Moderators
  • 10,604 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Baseball, Bratwurst

Posted 31 May 2010 - 02:23 PM

I thought the Del Shannon song was from Wiseguy, but I always got that show mixed up with Crime Story. Which show was Kevin Spacey on?
Cool game, Doc.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#12 Doc

Doc

• Moderators
  • 11,294 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 07:29 PM

Which show was Kevin Spacey on?
Cool game, Doc.

Wiseguy, and thanks zol.

#13 goldglv17

goldglv17

Admin Team

• Root Admin
  • 15,296 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:39 PM

Correct-a-mundo - it was Crime Story. (But as far as I know the show only ran 2 seasons - 1986 and 1987. I actuially liked the atomic bomb explosion - thought it was a hell of a way to end season one.)

Never saw Vanilla Sky.

how about this one?

[url="]

I'll fess to having to google this one because I like this thread too much to let it die:

Grosse Point Blank.

My entry is one of the most effective ises of a song in a film I can ever remember. Although this isn't the version in the film (that version is over 12 minutes long and doesn't get to the part used in the film till minute 12). Hope someone picks up on it anyway.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch#%21v=lAMKL2KKumo"]http://www.youtube.c...#!v=lAMKL2KKumo[/url]

#14 goldglv17

goldglv17

Admin Team

• Root Admin
  • 15,296 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:40 PM

Not sure why embedding is'nt working.

#15 Doc

Doc

• Moderators
  • 11,294 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 07:54 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users