• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Miz

Miz

Admin Team

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,268 posts
  • Interests:Mets Baseball. Giants Football. Islander Hockey. Knicks Basketball.<br /><br />Video Gamer, and into fitness. Work out 5 times a week. <br /><br />and zol tastes like Cherry Bubbleliscious

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:44 PM

I started watching this show cause I like Joel from The Soup. And how bad can it be, it has Chevy Chase in it. Its not too bad. From what i see, its 30 min with a couple of chuckles and then there is usually a real big LOL moment somewhere between. So far so good
Posted Image

#2 Hoovbacca

Hoovbacca

Admin Team

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,217 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:49 PM

watched for same reason...was hoping for better...but the premise is a wee bit limited....i don't dislike it, but i cant see it lasting either....i like McHale, but i would rather have Earl back, in all honesty

jb
Posted Image

#3 Miz

Miz

Admin Team

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,268 posts
  • Interests:Mets Baseball. Giants Football. Islander Hockey. Knicks Basketball.<br /><br />Video Gamer, and into fitness. Work out 5 times a week. <br /><br />and zol tastes like Cherry Bubbleliscious

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:54 PM

why is it all the good shows go away. I loved Tosh.0, and that got cancelled. I loved Demetri Martin, and his show got cancelled. I guess my keen sence of humor is different then most that watch.

I think it will have a good run. Chevy Chase wouldnt sign on to a TV show if he didnt think it was going to do good. its not going to go as long as say..the Office or Friends for that matter, but a couple of years is my prediction
Posted Image

#4 gak29

gak29

Made "The Show"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,335 posts
  • Interests:Mets, Knicks, Jets, Rangers, Marist College, George Lucas's creative expenditures, analytic philosophy, and all facets of music

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:59 PM

why is it all the good shows go away. I loved Tosh.0, and that got cancelled. I loved Demetri Martin, and his show got cancelled. I guess my keen sence of humor is different then most that watch.

I think it will have a good run. Chevy Chase wouldnt sign on to a TV show if he didnt think it was going to do good. its not going to go as long as say..the Office or Friends for that matter, but a couple of years is my prediction

Chevy Chase is one of the more mentally unstable beings on the planet. He is a hero of mine, but I don't trust his judgment at all.

Oh, hi Miz! You still owe me an ice cream. ;)
Posted Image

#5 Hoovbacca

Hoovbacca

Admin Team

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,217 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 07:07 PM

i gotta go with GAK on this one...Chase is an odd, odd man who has made some very questionable decisions in his career (Vegas Vacation and The Chevy Chase Show to name 2)

jb
Posted Image

#6 goldglv17

goldglv17

Admin Team

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,296 posts
  • Interests:For legal reasons I can not answer this on a public forum.

Posted 30 September 2009 - 10:17 PM

I didn't love the pilot, but didn't hate it. I snickered a few times. The second episode I genuinely laughed at a few times. Joel really carries the show, if it was a common man character actor in his role I think the show would be in trouble, however the dynamic they have going there makes me think it will form a cult following, have hilarious moments and get canceled far too early (Arrested Development).
:(

I still have no idea what's going on....

#7 Retire#17

Retire#17

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:My intrests include, the Mets, my wife and kids, complaining about work and not getting enough sleep

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:06 AM

I watched both episodes on HULU and was pretty impressed. The spanish teacher killed me. I loved his monologue.

644608_10200938925903242_1507082367_n.jp

#8 Doc

Doc

• Moderators
  • 11,294 posts
  • Interests:Family, movies, graphic novels, music, Mets, Knicks, cycling, and shoveling snow.

Posted 03 October 2009 - 08:01 PM

Personally I laughed out loud only once with each episode. There were a few snickers, but nothing more. Sheldon on Big Bang Theory is sooooo much better than Arvid.
We Live. We Learn. We Teach. Posted Image
"Living the dream, Baby."--Mr Met.

#9 Hoovbacca

Hoovbacca

Admin Team

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,217 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 08:43 PM

Personally I laughed out loud only once with each episode. There were a few snickers, but nothing more. Sheldon on Big Bang Theory is sooooo much better than Arvid.

Arvid was one of the nerds on Head of the Class...wrong school based comedy.....and wrong decade :)

jb
Posted Image

#10 DW

DW

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 11:56 AM

I didn't think this was good at all. I maybe laughed at McHale once in the episode I saw, but other than that, not funny. And EJ, my roommates and I have the entire series of Arrested on DVD and we watch them all the time. One of the most underrated shows ever.
#1 All-Time Profile Viewed Member.

#11 Doc

Doc

• Moderators
  • 11,294 posts
  • Interests:Family, movies, graphic novels, music, Mets, Knicks, cycling, and shoveling snow.

Posted 10 October 2009 - 03:26 PM

Still not that funny...but I love Elizabeth Shue so I keep watching.

#12 tabes

tabes

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts
  • Interests:Mets (of course), all types of music, Giants, Sabres

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:32 PM

"Advanced Dungeons And Dragons"- outstanding episode.
When the change was made uptown
And the Big Man joined the band....

-Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band

#13 tabes

tabes

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:28 PM

I say it once a season, I say it again after tonight's episode- love this show.

#14 ils

ils

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,115 posts
  • Interests:METS

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:38 AM

I say it once a season, I say it again after tonight's episode- love this show.

Agreed. The scene where Troy goes down to get the pizza and all hell breaks loose was one of the funniest things I've seen on TV in awhile.

#15 tabes

tabes

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:25 PM

Community rules. WHY COULDN'T MORE PEOPLE WATCH IT?? WHY IS IT BEING REMOVED FROM MIDSEASON?? I'm extremely bitter.

Check this out: this is fantastic.

http://popwatch.ew.c...ty-beetlejuice/

#16 Doc

Doc

• Moderators
  • 11,294 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:50 PM

I recently read where this was a false rumor. The theory is NBC needs at least four seasons in order to get the show in syndication where the big bucks are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users