#1 ils

ils

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,115 posts
  • Interests:METS

Posted 30 November 2007 - 01:31 AM

I was wary of this when my roommate bought it, but it's unbelievable. Definately the biggest game I've ever played, beautiful, fun and addicting.

#2 goldglv17

goldglv17

Admin Team

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,296 posts
  • Interests:For legal reasons I can not answer this on a public forum.

Posted 01 December 2007 - 12:42 AM

Never heard of it and too tired to hit google. Break it down, 1st person, RPG, side scrolling :lol: ?
:(

I still have no idea what's going on....

#3 ils

ils

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,115 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 12:09 PM

Never heard of it and too tired to hit google. Break it down, 1st person, RPG, side scrolling :lol: ?

It's a third person shooter RPG. It has an aiming/cover system like Gears of War, but you can level up and become better with certain guns and get some nifty abilities.

#4 amazinz5

amazinz5

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 05:13 PM

it looks bangin but it looks a lot like halo...is it?

#5 ils

ils

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,115 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 09:50 PM

it looks bangin but it looks a lot like halo...is it?

Not really. It's an RPG, so you level up and gain abilities and skills. You also get to control a party of 3 characters, each of which can have their own skills. It's really cool to lift a group of enemies into the air with your mind, then as they hover about disoriented, your two friends pick them off with rifles.

There's also a pretty deep system of choices. You will be confronted with tough choices, such as deciding which characters live and die, and all of that affects the outcome of the game. You can also choose to be a good guy or a bad guy. Or a little bit of both. Hell, you can even sleep with one of your crew.

There are a few little things that suck though, such as managing your inventory. On the whole though, it's pretty amazing.

#6 ils

ils

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,115 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 04:25 PM

The sequel is coming out very soon, and I'm really looking forward to it. Along with MW2 and Fallout 3, the original was my favorite XBox game.

#7 jfsportz

jfsportz

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:55 PM

The sequel is coming out very soon, and I'm really looking forward to it. Along with MW2 and Fallout 3, the original was my favorite XBox game.

Awesome soundtrack. I'm probably gonna have to pick that up. My roommate just brought Fallout 3 from home so whenever I get a chance to actually sit down and play it I'm going to. I never played any of the originals but I've seen some videos of them.

Like comedy? Feeling down and want to cheer yourself up? Then comedicast is for you! http://comedicast.libsyn.com/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted Image

(Avatar and signature photos credit to MetsBlog, in the event Cerrone comes after me.)

#8 B P

B P

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 03:43 PM

I remember hearing all the great reviews of the first one. The videos seem really good. Had friends recommend it to me nonstop. I tried it out for a few days, but could not stand the way conversations would happen. I just wanted conversations to happen, I didn't want to have to select every single sentence my character said. Haven't played the game since. The trailer to the sequel looks amazing. The reviews for it are raving about it. I'll try it out if there is a demo. Otherwise no go for me.
Posted Image
"I just had an argument with a girl I know. She was saying how it's unfair that if a guy bangs a different girl every week, he's a legend, but if a girl bangs just two guys in a year, she's a slut. So in response I told her that if a key opens lots of locks, then it's a master key. But if a lock is opened by lots of keys, then it's a crappy lock. That shut her up."

Check out my Amazon store for books and video and other items: www.amazon.com/shops/mr_pavlov
Check out my blog: http://metstats.wordpress.com

#9 ils

ils

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,115 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 07:34 PM

I remember hearing all the great reviews of the first one. The videos seem really good. Had friends recommend it to me nonstop. I tried it out for a few days, but could not stand the way conversations would happen. I just wanted conversations to happen, I didn't want to have to select every single sentence my character said. Haven't played the game since. The trailer to the sequel looks amazing. The reviews for it are raving about it. I'll try it out if there is a demo. Otherwise no go for me.

What's cool about the sequel is that if you import your character from the original game, the choices you made will impact the story. This is if you took a good/evil path, who you saved and who you let die, the ending, and maybe some other stuff. I'm going to pick this up over the weekend.

I didn't mind the conversations, they only occurred during certain points and you can skip them really. The inventory system was weak and the driving sections sucked, but apparently those have been fixed.

#10 Pete Falcone

Pete Falcone

Single A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:01 AM

ME2 is outstanding. In a battle between this and FF13, I'd have to say I'd rather go for ME2. And I'm a diehard FF fan. Bioware crafted a beautiful game.
#1 Cory Booker fan.

#11 Miz

Miz

Admin Team

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,268 posts
  • Interests:Mets Baseball. Giants Football. Islander Hockey. Knicks Basketball.<br /><br />Video Gamer, and into fitness. Work out 5 times a week. <br /><br />and zol tastes like Cherry Bubbleliscious

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:11 PM

Just beat ME2 yesterday and today completed all the side missions. I want to start over and play again, thats how addicting the game is
Posted Image

#12 Miz

Miz

Admin Team

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,268 posts
  • Interests:Mets Baseball. Giants Football. Islander Hockey. Knicks Basketball.<br /><br />Video Gamer, and into fitness. Work out 5 times a week. <br /><br />and zol tastes like Cherry Bubbleliscious

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:25 PM

Got Mass effect 3 and beat that. Ending was a little lame, but it was a good conclusion of the series. Went back and played all three again. Still awesome the 3rd time playing.

By the way, they are making a movie of it
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users