2 replies to this topic

#1 betterNYgm

betterNYgm

Triple A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,321 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:28 PM

Let's see if we can get some conversation started.

Mets are going with the six man rotation from here until apparently mid-August, according to Warthen, and will play a 4 man bench during that time, according to Sandy.

What do you all think of the approach?

Personally, I like the idea of limiting everyone's innings by putting them in a 6 man rotation, but I wouldn't say at this point that we will be doing it until mid-August.  I would hope that we can build up some value for Niese or Gee or both and then make a trade (though Montero and Matz would have something to say about dropping from 6 to 5 in that scenario).  Also, I would go with the short bullpen over the short bench.  There will always be two starters who are on their bullpen day if you are doing two bullpens per rotation cycle, plus with any days off interspersed in there, it would make sense to use the starters in spot relief work rather than maintain a 13 man pitching staff.  Otherwise, I think we can expect several instances of pitchers being used as pinch hitters in late game spots, which is obviously less than ideal.

!EVEILEB ATTOG AY
Posted Image

#2 gak29

gak29

Made "The Show"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,337 posts
  • Interests:Mets, Knicks, Jets, Rangers, Marist College, George Lucas's creative expenditures, analytic philosophy, and all facets of music

Posted 27 May 2015 - 02:24 PM

I think it's good.

Posted Image

#3 AddyHawk

AddyHawk

Double A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts
  • Interests:All sorts of ill "stuff"

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:46 PM

I hope it's being used not only to limit innings, but showcase/weed out possible trade bait.
Posted Image

Leave it to the mailman to deliver....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users